Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Harris

Formation and starting 11 for Sunderland

I can''t believe people are saying Johnson cannot pass. Yes he was poor against Southampton, but generally he has improved massively and has been one of our best passes in midfield. He might keep it simple, but I do believe he has a few assist this year too, and I wouldn''t be surprised if his pass rate is pretty high too. Dropping him instead of Howson would be criminal.

[quote user="AJ"]I can''t believe people are saying Johnson cannot pass.

Dropping him instead of Howson would be criminal.[/quote]

Sadly AJ BJ still has the 3rd worst passing record of all PL midfielders,  with only McCleary and Robson-Kanu of Reading below him.

At city only Holt and Bunn of the regular starters have a worse success rate than Bradleys 71%  As he has also attempted more passes than anyone else I think I am right in saying he has actually completed more passes (920) than any other player other than Tettey has attempted,  which may be why we now think he is better than he is.    That also means means he has given the ball away a total of 375 time so far this season - an average of 14 time a game.

But yes I would agree that he has improved this season and his 2 assists are only bettered by Pilkington (3) and Snodgrass (4) - although the assist per pass probably does not bearing looking at.

And again I agree with you - keeping howson in the side at BJs expense would be a major mistake.