what happened with this? There was supposed to be a norwich v ipswich match for alex notman due to his career being cut short.

Web team, can you help?

[quote]what happened with this? There was supposed to be a norwich v ipswich match for alex notman due to his career being cut short. Web team, can you help?[/quote]

I thought I remember seeing a report saying both Norwich and Ipswich agreed it would be a bad idea so decided not to do it. I may be wrong, but I haven''t about any alternatives.

And what might this reliable source be?

ss: i believe your thinking of the game that was talked about being arranged a couple of weeks ago when both teams had a free weekend. This was just planned to be a charity game, and nothing to do with alex.

I think theres going to be a testimonial game in the close season. i would assume against man u if they would agree to it. or maybe even kings lynn... is he still playing there? he played one game for them, then decided he wasn''t ready.... not sure if he''s back into it again yet though.

I heard about what you are all talking about. But what I am talking about was discussed in September/october. It was meant to be in the middle of last month but it was cancelled for some reason. And ti was meant to be against Ipswich. Does aynone know about this one?

It was scheduled for October 8 last year and was to feature two teams made up from former Norwich City and Ipswich Town players. It was later cancelled, no idea why, presumably because Notman broke down whilst playing for Kings''s Lynn.

do you know if its going to be rescheduled Peter?