Sign in to follow this  
AJ

To those bashing our potential signings before they've played

I can''t help but feel bringing on Becchio for Holt and Kamara for Hoolahoop instead of Morison and Howson fills me with a lot more confidence we could trouble teams.

The problem again today was that we seem to run out of steam, and then have to sit deep and defend. This does seem to work at times, our unbeaten run was built on this tactic - and of course we didn''t lose tonight, and came very close to winning.

But having those new players coming in could make a massive difference to the last 20 minutes, and possibly gain us some extra points.

I welcome their signing with open arms!

Aj I welcome the new additions and hope they are better than what we have.

That has to be the remit they have to be better.

I am glad that so far we have a loan with the option to buy, if we stay up this season I do not want players in that we need to replace in a year/2 years.

I want players that are growing with us, I want us looking at moving our squad up a level so that next season we are not considered as a relegation candidate as we are this year. It was always going to need 2 years to establish the squad. Now some of our squad isn''t quite there and after the Luton game and uninspiring squad players stepping up this season it shows it is a big job that Hughton has to do.

Bassong, Whittaker, garrido, tettey and Snodgrass are upgrades. Hughton has brought in other talent that again has lifted us but we still have players that have come up with us that have not put themselves in a position to be considered as a starter from this point.

I worry that if we stay up we may bring on squad players rather than those who lift us up to another level.

Becchio is a tidy finisher and will score in this league, but we need the service and I still hope we can get that coup signing. This signing will then mean in the summer we can pick up a wide player with that ability and another midfielder with great genuine top flight guile.

I would be happy with Curtis Davies too.

But so far one signing in, and a eager 28year old who can strive forward and prove himself over the loan period.