Sign in to follow this  
Browno

SSN - 2nd Hooper bid rejected.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Jim Smith"]No time to pay the going rate for a top class striker. Lennon actually said our bid was less than £6m. Sounds like he''s ours if we want him and are prepared to stump up the cash. Let''s get on with it. Not advocating silly money but £7m is not exhorbitant by premier league standards.[/quote]

But Hooper hasn''t been proven to be premier League standard !! £6 mil max (and that''s a gamble) or walk away.[/quote]Champions League defences are, largely, of a better standard than the Premier League.

There will then be the big risk of Hooper getting arsey if an opportunity is denied. He knows you''ve won the League , he also knows that he has played his part in an amazing season already and you know that wont be topped in the next few months.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]There will then be the big risk of Hooper getting arsey if an opportunity is denied. He knows you''ve won the League , he also knows that he has played his part in an amazing season already and you know that wont be topped in the next few months.[/quote]It will be if we beat Juventus and go on to the CL quarter finals.AC Milan needed extra time to knock us out of the last 16 a few years back, for example.

I think he is worth 7 mil and we should go all out to get him.

HSure he would prfer to play for a big club like us in a proper league

CL QFs is a great achievement, but the Barcelona ''night'' ( and all that gave) will not be repeated this season, even if you do beat Juve. Btw I am sure you will spend a long time walking up and down the corridors at Celtic Park, before you find someone saying that Celtic have got enough money and are not worried about losing a few million on a transfer fee!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]CL QFs is a great achievement, but the Barcelona ''night'' ( and all that gave) will not be repeated this season, even if you do beat Juve. Btw I am sure you will spend a long time walking up and down the corridors at Celtic Park, before you find someone saying that Celtic have got enough money and are not worried about losing a few million on a transfer fee![/quote]Aye same with all clubs these days - money talks but my point is we know we''ll get a good fee in the summer. Maybe not what we''d get now but there are other financial benefits to be gleaned from keeping him until the summer - the CL ties with Juve and sending out a message to other clubs and agents of our players that we''re not going to fold easily. Anyway, I''m off. Been good chatting with you boys. Best of luck for the rest of the season. If Hooper does sign for you, I''ll be back to swear and throw things. ;-)