Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

A good form of arrogance

Finally, Norwich City are not a ''nice'' team of nearlies.

The team we have now has a confidence, almost an arrogance in themselves. It is a belief that is hard to find. Our players now actually know that they are good players or have bag loads of potential. It is a good form of arrogance - not complacent but just belief.

Players like Bassong, Garrido and Tettey ooze quality, but others now have that belief that being a regular premier league player and team gives them. Players such as Johnson, Pilkington and Snodgrass simply believe in themselves. I think Hughton has given them this confidence. And this also emanates from our captain, Grant Holt. He has shown what hard work can do and he is now a confident PL player. No defenders want to come up against him.

Believe you, me. This team is going places if they get the chance to grow and improve together.

Good post. Don''t know why such a low reply count (apart from one idiot) I was told get real after losing to liverpool and I said we would still finish around 10/12th now I am thinking more 7/8th. The team is playing with more confidence every game and I cannot see anyone beating us at the min. I wanted a reading win tonight as we r already safe and should be looking at the teams around us and above now starting with a win against WBA then Chelsea and maybe a point against man. City. Come on you yellows hughtons green army!

We are not already safe. Someone behind me on Saturday said that we didn''t need to think about QPR anymore because they are already down. They are not. A few weeks ago the jumpers on MOTD were saying that we were down. Things can change very quickly and if I have learnt one thing over the years it is take nothing for granted.

Still we are 10 points clear and since chelsea we have been solid at the back and r playing much better football than last season. I can''t c us being in the relegation mix come what may. It''s not going to be easy but there are 5,6,7 teams much worse than us.

There are teams worse than us, at the moment. Our run and whatever other factors have instilled an unfathomable confidence that I would have slayed little garden gnomes for at the beginning of the season. Still, it''s the first half of said season and there is still that "long way to go" yet. Anything could happen at anytime.

I''m enjoying this while it lasts, afterall, nothing lasts forever... ;]

[quote user="Pabs"]Finally, Norwich City are not a ''nice'' team of nearlies. The team we have now has a confidence, almost an arrogance in themselves. It is a belief that is hard to find. Our players now actually know that they are good players or have bag loads of potential. It is a good form of arrogance - not complacent but just belief. Players like Bassong, Garrido and Tettey ooze quality, but others now have that belief that being a regular premier league player and team gives them. Players such as Johnson, Pilkington and Snodgrass simply believe in themselves. I think Hughton has given them this confidence. And this also emanates from our captain, Grant Holt. He has shown what hard work can do and he is now a confident PL player. No defenders want to come up against him. Believe you, me. This team is going places if they get the chance to grow and improve together.[/quote]

Good post Pabs.

OTBC