Sign in to follow this  
philbuzz

Reasons to be Happy!!

Hey all,

I just got dragged along to Derby v.s Burley tonight. The game was dire and frankley if we do go down we will walk over teams like i witnessed tonight! Also lets not forget that we could still get into Europe via the fair play league! Cheer up everyone, every game a cup game now!

Phil

Im sure wolves fans thought the same... every game a cup final.. what like the last one against blackburn.. wouldnt want to go to many of our cup finals

[quote]Hey all, I just got dragged along to Derby v.s Burley tonight. The game was dire and frankley if we do go down we will walk over teams like i witnessed tonight! Also lets not forget that we could st...[/quote]

Don''t say that.....we are crap in the cup!!!!

[quote]If we go down with that attitude I guarantee we won''t "walk over" anyone. The 1st Div needs respect and if we go down thinking we''ve already got one foot in the Premiership, it''ll be a very long seas...[/quote]

Absolutely right DDIM

I remember the "On-Loan to the Endsleigh" T-Shirts much in evidence last time around too!

Pfft. When we we''re relegated 9 years ago the gap between Div1 and the Prem wasn''t like it is today and Division 1 was much tougher. I have watched quite a few Div 1 games so far this season and the quality is significantly worse than last season. 

Coming straight back up, no matter how cautiously we approach it, should NOT be difficult for our current squad. If we keep hold of our A-list players then there will be no excuse if we don''t bounce straight back

cheers beds canary. It seems I tried to post some positive points but as usual people seem to manage to start pulling negative points out of it!

I just think some people are looking at it from the wrong angle. Sure we should never be complacent and expect things to be easy, but theres no reason why we shouldn''t be confident in our team''s abilities which I''m happy to say, are at a higher standard than all of those currently in Division 1.

[quote]I just think some people are looking at it from the wrong angle. Sure we should never be complacent and expect things to be easy, but theres no reason why we shouldn''t be confident in our team''s abili...[/quote]

No negativity at all here - just an acknowledgement that there is a huge difference between confidence and arrogance!

When we go down, it is going to take a new direction to come back up.  The championship is one of the hardest leagues to get out of, and with half of our current crop, its going to be very hard.  Excuses and playing people out of position, coupled with the fact that Francis and Greeno will probably go, is going to leave us in the mire.

On another note, Derby v Burnley might be a dire game to go and watch, but what about Norwich v Blackburn...............