Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Southampton v Norwich City score prediction

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Now now Nutty and LDC play nicely;  no need to rise to, or to, bait highland - its a prediction thread and a bit of fun,  not a we are blooming useless and getting relegated at least a 2-0 defeat is it?

[/quote]

Sorry Miss [:$]

[/quote]

Ditto, no harm meant..........

It''s good to see that the general consensus is that this will be nothing other than a tough game. I remember a couple of games last season where the fans expected us just to turn up and win, unfortunately those games never end up like that. Saying all this, i do think we will win 3 1. Southampton will see this as a must win games, and i think that extra pressure and nervousness may show early on and if we can get the first goal and shut their fans up, i think we could do very well.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Alex "]Does anyone else think we''re due to score more than 2 goals in a game? Last time we played Soton away it finished up 4-3 I believe. I''ll go 3-2 to us, with the Horse to net 2 and Pilks to get the other. OTBC[/quote]Last time we played them at St. Mary''s was in L1 and it was 2-2, it was disgusting weather.  I remember Stephen Hughes scored the second equaliser but can''t remember who bagged the first.

[/quote]

We played them after that in the paint pot semi. Doc and Chris Martin scored for us but they equalised in the last minute and then dumped us out on pens. I''ve only seen us win once there when Ched Evans scored the only goal. Predicting this is a nightmare but I''ll go for a repeat of that scoreline and Wes scoring our goal.

I''m going to this and am on a run of 8 unbeaten away games. Never been anywhere near that before but I don''t get to go so often now. The last away defeat I saw was Doncaster in the champs and I blame Lapp for that[;)]

[/quote]Ah you''re right Nutty, although I could be a pedant and suggest I was only involving league meetings [;)]It was Hoolahan who scored our other in the 2-2 draw in the league, after missing a pen.  I remember that Connolly''s goal for the Saints was an absolute screamer.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Southampton 2 Norwich 0[/quote]

Ever the optimist, eh, Highland?  [:)]

[/quote]

He''s a lad Lakey..

Highland reckoned in the 10 games starting at home to the Arse we wouldn''t win until Wigan....

Good to have a bit of realism amongst us though[;)]

[/quote]

Couldn''t have been more wrong! Enjoyed Everton btw. Still can''t escape that overwhelming feeling that things must start to go wrong soon ... After all it''s been three years now. Perhaps i should have spent my formative years in the Barclay!! Still think Soton is a real toughie tonight.