Sign in to follow this  
TheRock

We can go 9th tomorrow

We already know the importance of the game tomorrow: win and we''ll take

another huge step away from the bottom three, and leave another dent in a

team that is down the bottom.Looking at tomorrow''s fixtures, only few will affect us (QPR, vile, reading and mackems already played)
28/11
Stoke City
v.
Newcastle United
-19:45
28/11
Southampton
v.
Norwich City
28/11
Chelsea
v.
Fulham
28/11
Swansea City
v.
West Bromwich Albion
28/11
Tottenham Hotspur
v.
Liverpool
28/11
Everton
v.
Arsenal
28/11
Wigan Athletic
v.
Manchester City
-20:00
28/11
Manchester United
v.
West Ham United
-20:00
Wigan

are the main team accosiated with the relegation battle (apart from us

and S''ton), and that looks like a banker away win for Man City.

(*touchwood*)Now away from the negativity, and looking up,

depending on what Stoke, Newcastle Swansea and fulham do, we could be

looking up for the next couple of weeks [:|] . Even if we manage a draw,

Villa are the only team that will have gained points on us that are

below us that will be there come the end of the season. No pressure tomorrow then. Season-defining game. [:^)]

While I disagree it will be "season defining" I do see that it is a very important game. Win, and the daylight grows brighter. Lose, and the sky darkens again. Draw and it''s still an early autumn evening.

I hope the players aren''t feeling the pressure, I myself am cacking it. I want to stick one up to the pundits who can''t even see us beating southampton and I really would like at least a week or so more of feeling kind of comfortable.

I think the realism coming from results predictions on this forum stems from the fact that we''ve yet to be beat a relegation fodder team. Our results against them have been seriously lack luster.

I agree with you. Teach Lawro to STFU.I dont wanna jinx us, but I have that feeling of a repeat of Ewood Park last season, where we''re fairly capable of atleast a point, and then get d*cked 2-0 and not even look in the game.I dunno, we''ll see.

Every game is important. However I do think we might look back at this one as particularly decisive one at the end of the season. A victory here and you really start to break away from the bottom 3. A defeat and for all the good work we have put in during the last 6 games we are still dangerously perched above the relegation slots.

It has got the makings of a fascinating contest. Southampton remind me of Norwich last year. Very aggressive, throwing caution to the wind but also very fragile defensively. How will the new more measured and disciplined Norwich stand up to this test. I think it is possible Norwich could do a professional job on Southampton and win 1-0. Time will tell.

It''s only as important as any other game, we could win 10-0, then lose at the weekend, have everyone below us win and be back to where we were, that''s just football.

Let''s not make this out to be some sort of relegation decider, it''s not even Christmas yet.

[quote user="splutcho"]It''s only as important as any other game, we could win 10-0, then lose at the weekend, have everyone below us win and be back to where we were, that''s just football. Let''s not make this out to be some sort of relegation decider, it''s not even Christmas yet.[/quote]

spot on