Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Collection

After listening to Michael Laudrup I think we should organise a collection Then when we beat Castle on Sunday The lads can split it between themselves What do you think ????

What on earth is this thread all about but after 6 hours since the thread started it appears i will not have any answers [:''(][:^)][*-)]

They are certainly odd comments from laudrup, although I''m not sure they''re the same thing as Stoke is suggesting above.

What Laudrup is saying is fairly interesting actually. If we were 18th on the last game of the season, and QPR are 17th. We''re playing Everton, and QPR are playing Stoke. Even if we beat Everton, we need Stoke to beat QPR. If Stoke are safe, mid-table, nothing to play for, are they going to be motivated? Laudrup is basically saying that, in those instances, we could essentially pay a win bonus to Stoke to motivate them to beat QPR.

Whilst that''s a bit too match-fixy and outside of the box for my liking, his comments about definitions are actually a very good point.

Herman''s article has this paragraph in it;

"But the FA pointed to rule E5(a) of its regulations, which states:

a participant shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, agree to give, give, solicit, agree to accept or accept any bribe, gift or reward or consideration of any nature which is, or could appear to be related in any way to seeking to influence the outcome or conduct of a match or competition."

Now, where do goalscoring bonuses come into that for example? Is a club paying a striker a bonus to score goals not a "reward" that seeks to influence the outcome of a match?

Now obviously there is a big difference between what Laudrup is advocating and goal bonuses, but the wording of the FA rule isn''t overly clear.

And this piece of nonsense on the BBC website was worthy of a thread being started ? Well sorry but i must be missing something.[8-|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]And this piece of nonsense on the BBC website was worthy of a thread being started ? Well sorry but i must be missing something.[8-|][/quote]

Of course you are missing your own message board as yours are the only threads worth reading!