Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Charlton and Safri must be played

Can anyone tell me why Charlton and Safri were not on the pitch against Chelsea?  Forget pussy footing around players and being loyal, Fleming and Holt were a complete waste of space yesterday, and not for the first time this week.  How ironic that Chelsea''s third goal saw our dynamic duo of Holt and Fleming just standing there and watching in admiration.

I can only guess that Holt and Fleming are having a competition between themselves to see who can get in the least amount of tackles and pick up the lowest number of yellow cards for the season.  Holt has already got my vote for the best marker of open space this season.

We are supposed to be fighting for the chance to stay in this league so you should expect to start picking up some bookings, it means you are actually trying to tackle your opponents.  Forget the fair play award, let us get stuck in, and if we have to go down at least do it holding our heads up high.

I think Safri and Charlton should have started.  Drury does not mark his man close enough although he didn''t have such a bad game yesterday. 

When we went 2-1 down, that was the time Safri and Charlton should have come on.

Agree with you Silver Fox.  Winning teams have strength through the middle of their team.  Ashton is outstanding and Leon is forming a good partnership with him so no problem there. However Holt is completely lost in some games which doesn''t help when Francis has a quiet spell during a game which he is inclined to do. Shacks has been fantastic and should have been in the side weeks ago but Fleming should be third choice after Charlton and Doc. Then we have Greeno who is having a complete nightmare loss of confidence with balls in the air. Yesterday he again could have prevented the third goal with a simple catch or punch but instead left it to Fleming who lost his man and Holt who made an embarrassing attempt to challenge. Greeno needs to be rested and replaced by Paul Gallacher who has shown in the reserves that he can confidently pick crosses out of the air.  With Gallacher in for Greeno and Charlton and Safri in for Fleming and Holt, we would be more solid and give ourselves an outside chance of surviving in the Premiership for another season.