Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Proud

I watched the game on telly yesterday, in a pub occupied by mainly Chelsea supporters, and even though we lost I came away feeling proud to be a supporter of Norwich City

Proud because I thought the team gave a determined and whole hearted performance against some best players in Europe. 

Proud that in Shackle we have unearthed a solid prospect for next season.

Proud that players like Huckerby and McKenzie look so committed to the cause

Proud that all the players played to the best of their ability and you can''t ask for more than that.

Proud of the crowd because the atmosphere was excellent

Proud that we did not resort to some of the more dubious tactics employed by Chelsea - blatant diving by Drogba & Johnson

Proud that the pitch looked better than any other Premiership pitch at the moment

Proud that we scored a goal against the tightest defence in the league

Proud that, even though we lost, we were actually playing in the Premiership and playing against the likes of Chelsea

Proud that the general feeling in the pub was that "you might get relegated, but you are not the worst team in the league"

Proud that whatever happens between now & the end of the season, I will still be a Norwich supporter next season

I agree with you that there are a number of things to have been proud about yesterday; in particular, we actually gave it a go yesterday and gave a better account of ourselves than in a lot of games recently. However, I''m afraid we ARE the worst team in the League. Look at the table, it doesn''t lie. The annoying thing is that we''re only 3 or 4 players away from being a mid-table team, in my humble opinion.

I couldnt agree more my friend. There is so much to be proud of this season. There may well be players that are unfortunately just not up to this level of play but they have played their hearts out.

One thing you have missed on your proud list is the fact that we have finally overcome the difficulties and problems that history left us with. We can now finally look towards a brighter future for the club.

We have also repaired our once shaky reputation and have shown the country that our club is great, so great that slurs from Everton wont stick!

Lets Be Aving You!

Proud that the majority of Norwich supporters don''t turn abusive as soon as they concede a goal

I was in a pub in london, probably about 6 norwich fans and 35 Chelsea ones. They didn''t like it a bit when Leon scored(fair enough), but a couple of people were threatening Norwich fans in there - pathetic, couldnt face conceding just one goal...

Totally agree, I am very proud we have had a go in a league full of 10 million pound strikers. A lot of posts on here are talking about players leaving, who will we sign, where shall we strengthen? Do they remember that squad winning division 1? Do they remeber Huckers being the missing peice of the puzzle? If we buy players and let others go we risk starting all over again and becoming West Ham. This squad is capable of coming straight back up and we must keep it together at all costs. Granted greeno will likely go and big offers will come in for Francis but do we have to sell him? NO. 46 games and we are back up again for another crack at the big time. Posts about selling Flem and Holt are crazy, these are players who got us here and while they are not Premiership players they will do as they did last year in Division 1, get us back up.

I agree, NY, that good servants to the Club such as Flem and Three Lungs may get us back up at the end of next season. But then what? It leaves us with about 10 weeks to bid for new players, negotiate transfers and contracts, settle them in, coach them to our system of play, then get them match fit. As we''ve seen this season, if players come from other Leagues (especially abroad), it can take 3 or 4 months to even begin to settle.

IMHO, we need to get the framework for a Prem squad in place by the start of next season, so that they gel over the course of the season and then hit the ground running in August ''06, with a small number of quality additions brought in to boost those already here. We don''t have to spend Premiership money to get quality players here - remember the signing of Hucks!