Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Do Clubs sit on transfer deals to add to the drama?

Who thinks clubs sign players maybe Wednesday then sit on the deals until deadline day to make themselves look like they''ve done deadline day business?

Is this a dramatic show for the fans or has the hype surrounding deadline day got so much for clubs they simply have to be seen to sign a player on deadline day?

yep, not for them the daily rigors of running a Premier League club but the requirement to fart about for two days as if they were opening an Oscar winning envelope

must be the enormous monetary gain that obliges them to do it

Do you know what I mean City1st?

If they announced the signing on let''s say Wednesday then it wouldn''t have the same impact as if they announced it on JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But...what''s the point?

You can say ''dramatic impact'' or whatever it is your arguing, but it doesn''t make any sense? What''s the point of it?

Think you''ll find that it''s players, clubs & agents holding out for deals that suit them.

If you''re a selling club, it''s really in your benefit to get the buyer panicked.

impact on who ?

the terminally dim who will have clogged up their keyboards with over excited dribble stimulated by what''s spewed out by any number of worthless sources

Sky have just said the Jockie Charlton, brother of Nobby Charlton is rumoured to be joining Norwich County as Charles Houghto makes his first signing for the Championship club

Yes City1st, Because Sky have turned deadline day into the biggest drama of the century.

Clubs know this, so instead of announcing signings 2 days prior to deadline day, they announce it on deadline day to show the fans they have done business on the drama that Sky have developed called:

''DEADLINE DAY!!! WE MUST SIGN A PLAYER ON THIS DAY AS THE LAST 3 MONTHS SIGNINGS MEAN BUGGER ALL''

That is what I am proposing and that is the point I am trying to make.

"into the biggest drama of the century"

really ?

perhaps in yoiur life but for the rest of the country I doubt they barely know or give a flying fig

no city1st, your completely missing the point.

Log onto the Sky Sports website now and see for yourself the drama they are trying to create, if you have the opportunity watch Sky Sports News and see the words they are using....look at the frenzie it wips up on the internet, look on twitter, look at the comments on here....''we are desperate, I''ve been on here since 11am''

I personally couldn''t care less if we don''t sign anyone today, we could do with a striker but I''m happy with the signings we have made, anyway I digress....I know clubs sit on these deals once they are done then announce them on deadline day...I was just wondering whether people on here ever thought this might be case.

if you look down the toilet at Glastonbury you will see turds

if you don''t want to see them

then don''t look down