Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham Thread

I feel sorry for the travelling supporters, it will be a long journey back.I just really hope our performance against QPR will be better, I''m sure this game was a wake up call to the players and will be fired up.

Just home. A very dispiriting performance. Last season when Lambert set us up with three at the back we felt the game was as good as over and so it proved. But the key difference between last season and this was belief, or rather lack of belief.

City were really poor today - as many have already testified. Few of us are fans of one up front - Holt, who wasn''t one of our poorest players, had little or no service. There is an obvious lack of pace in the team and, in my opinion, if we fail to bring a pacy striker - and quality - striker alongside Holt I fear our goals tally will be insufficient to avoid relegation.

More worrying, however, was the lack of creativity on the ball and the sort of belief that Lambert engendered in the team.

For those who have constantly pointed to our position last season as evidence that we will be OK, this performance should represent a wake up call. Lambert has left. We must move on. But he made an average group of players play exceptional football last season. If Hughton doesn''t engender belief in the players straight away we will struggle. Let''s hope for three points next week against QPR - looking at 40 points - three from QPR is essential.

the issue was not 4-5-1. The issue was the quality of performance by the players. We have the right players to make it work; today they did not; pilkington & surman too deep, holt continuing to prove he cant do the lone role, snodgrass lost.

The goals were soft from a defensive point of view; the closing down from midfield for the ajax equaliser was repeated too often today and a feature of todays goals. As hughton said they were soft goals from some frankly shockingly poor defending and by the end apathy.

Howson & Johnson were lucky not to be subbed - both were anonymous, overrun and ineffective and for me the two worst players on the pitch. Tierney and Taylor were found seriously wanting.

Its one game though and we need a response against QPR.

Garrido, Vaughan and Fox in for Tierny, Johnson and Howson next week.