Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

James Vaughan

Birmingham want James Vaughan on loan, but insist Norwich must pay most of the striker''s wages.

Reported by the Mirror (Skysports Paper Talk) obviously that prat Nursey I guess (I face I would never tire of slapping)

Why on earth would we do that ??

It''s not that unheard of for a club to loan out a player and still cover their wages - Birmingham would be responsible for surrounding costs (insurance, medical etc).

It would get Vaughan some much needed football and might be a sweetner in the Curtis Davies transfer.

Nursey, despite how slappable he is, is often right when it comes to the Birmingham teams.

Apparently Nursey is at Colney (dont follow him on Twitter myself because he gets on my nerves) but seen pictures retweeted , Hopefully someone with give him a slap

The jury is obviously still out on Vaughan, but I for one would like to see us keep him and give him a run of games early season (if he is fit) to see what he can do. I just have a feeling that he will come good this season if we keep him.

There was also a woman who was taking pictures of the players during the first couple of days back, can''t say i was bothered to look at them though and it was all gym work so wouldn''t give a great indication as to who is fit and who isn''t.
I think it would be a mistake to let Vaughan go out on loan, especially if we are paying half his wages. He deserves a shot in our team, or at least a chance to prove himself during pre-season. 
The loan window opens again for championship teams a few weeks after the transfer window shuts, so if Huhgton decides he doesn''t want him i suggest that that would be a better chance to get rid of him, allowing him to try and prove himself.

If were cutting our losses on him due to injury thats one thing, loaning him out for a season doesnt do us any good he doesnt need the experience he might aswell be here making a contribution. Of course part of a make weight in a transfer of one of their players might make some sense, but dont really feel we''ve had the chance to see if he''s any good in the yellow and green yet.