Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

NCFC Captain

I know its been discussed in the Michael Turner thread of him being captain.

Pinkun are carrying out a poll, which has Mr Ward (0%)

Is he even going to be first choice? I doubt!

It has to be Holt - it''s a no brainer. We have several other candidates Howson & Martin come to mind.

To remain captain, imo Holt has to be first on the teamsheet.  If he is, then it''s going to be fascinating to see how the team plays around him.  The midfield options are there for everybody to see and with Holt playing every week (unlike with the last manager) he could do better than last season. 

However....................... CH may have different ideas.  [:)]

So long as Holt is going to be playing the majority of games this year then I cant see it changing.

[quote user="Green Jack"]A no brainer you say? Well what an ideal place this is to pose such a question then [;)]
[/quote]

I remember someone who used to insult his fellow fans on here but his bluff was called in The Nelson one night when he was recognised as a keyboard warrior.Maybe you know him Green Jack ?[;)]

Better not as he is not in a postion to reply on here unless he is a multiple account holder but that does not happen now does it Green Jack ?

Well I really can''t help you if you are unable to confirm who you are talking about. I do know who you are though, so it is more than likely that I would know some of your friends too.

What....?

Anyway, back to the question at hand: hard to say as being a captain is not just who scores the most goals or plays the best, it''s about how they communicate and what they''re like in the dressing room; things we rarely ever get to hear of.

My money would still be on Holt though seeing as Hughton made it is priority to keep him when he arrived and it may be a little silly to bust a gut to keep him and then risking peeing him off again by stripping him of his captaincy

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

What....?

Anyway, back to the question at hand: hard to say as being a captain is not just who scores the most goals or plays the best, it''s about how they communicate and what they''re like in the dressing room; things we rarely ever get to hear of.

My money would still be on Holt though seeing as Hughton made it is priority to keep him when he arrived and it may be a little silly to bust a gut to keep him and then risking peeing him off again by stripping him of his captaincy

[/quote]Some sensible points made here. It is difficult to communicate to the rest of your team mates on the pitch when playing as a striker though. I think that Holty has lost his focus at times on the pitch through holding the Captains armband though and perhaps this may be a reason why Hughton could be looking at possible alternatives? Personally, I am not sure that we have too many players in our Squad who are potential team leaders right now. In Holt''s absence from the pitch then I think that one of our Central Defenders would currently be our best option.

I never understand giving armband to a goalkeeper, it should be a player in the central roles (CB, MC, FC).

i can see potential in Bennett being a fuure capatin, but too young at moment?

Wes had it last year for a few games, so did Martin, and Howson has experience with the armband at Leeds.

I''m a little confused about the no brainer comment i made...?

Why does everyone go on about howson for captain? Yes he was captain at Leeds but that does not make him a great candidate. He may well have been given it to keep him sweet to stay at Leeds. Oh Snodgrass spring to mind?

Howson is a great player. But for me the captain should be vocal , he able to stick up for his team mates and give the players a lift when the going gets tough. Being respected in the dressing room aswell helps. A big character also.

For me Holt wins hands down.

Who wore the arm band v Ajax? Because the 1st two friendlies hotly wore it.