Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Grant could learn a lot from Iwan

Sorry, meant to add if the likes of Hansen can get £40k out of the BBC for a MotD appearance, then there will be plenty of other jobs around offering a decent wage.

The motivation bit was as a reference to showing your kids that they need to look to work, to get rewards.  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]having read the story on the front page of the Site.. Iwan Roberts is right, there is no way back for Grant Holt now regardless what some fans may think...Grant could do well to learn from Iwan, a player who in 7 years won the fans over and never once turned his back on the club.... he went out a winner and a champion after the the club decided to get rid of him just 4 goals short of 100.... GRant holt will never reach this with us...Iwan Roberts will remain a hero at Carrow Road.... Grant holt will be yesterdays man... forgotten before long.[/quote]

There''s a slightly more than slim chance that Holt scans this message board, what with his appetite for Tw@tter and all - so while there''s still a chance that he could remain at the club do you think posts such as the above are beneficial to Norwich City FC? Don''t get me wrong, I''m not stupid enough to think Holt would make life changing decisions on the strength of what he possibly reads here, in fact it''s likely he just thinks you and a few others are complete pr*cks, but I''m also not stupid enough to know said posts ultimately do more harm than good.

Pr*ck. 

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

Gareth - Thats fair enough, of course you can still see holt as a legend, plenty of other fans will too no doubt. I feel that only 3 yrs + public engineering a move away will mean that he wont be held in the same regard in 10yrs time as hucks, Iwan, etc by the general masses.

[/quote]

I agree, as I said Holt was up there with some of the biggest legends to ever pull on the yellow and green and his actions have damaged that view, he is still a Norwich legend but his star has been tinted by this (then again, this could be resolved, Holty could score another 15 goals and we can all forget about it). And, lets be fair, very few Norwich players will ever compare to Huckerby, the guys the closest thing to a god I know of. Iwan (and Holt) may be demi-gods but Huckerby is the alpha and omega.

Thank you for such a succinct and delicately made point shyster..... I''ll go back to not giving a sh*t what you think though

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Thank you for such a succinct and delicately made point shyster..... I''ll go back to not giving a sh*t what you think though[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss, yeah?.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Funny how the article can be interpreted. I actually think Roberts, if anything, is siding with Holty. If there is any chance to keep him, I think Hughton is just the man to do it.[/quote]

That would be a true ''Win-Win'' outcome in many people''s eyes wouldn''t it? Holt remains a hero - and Hughton instantly becomes one for sorting out the mess.