Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Jarvis joins Colchester on loan

I agree - he needs some games. He usually looks hopeless - lethargic and lazy - in the reserves, so now we should be able to judge his application and ability in meaningful games.

Good for him, if he can put the ball in the back of the net like he did against liverpool often, then hes going to be a star next year.

Seems a little strange to me, an England U-21 striker being loaned out when his own club is crying out for goals. What price Ip***** loaning Bent to Cambridge for the rest of the season? Unless there''s something we aren''t being told, like if we''re relegated (some people think it''s all over....) and Matty leaves he could come of age in Championship next season, on the other hand are they impressed enough with Ashton, Hucks Mackenzie and Crow to unload him and with a good run of games at Layer Rd would certainly create some interest in the lower leagues. At this stage I''ll wish him all the best but I''m not sure his long term future lays at FCR

[quote]Seems a little strange to me, an England U-21 striker being loaned out when his own club is crying out for goals. What price Ip***** loaning Bent to Cambridge for the rest of the season? Unless there''...[/quote]

Err, he''s in the England U-19 squad not U-21.  It''s not like we''re loaning out Deano.  Jarvis hasn''t featured all season, I doubt he will now.  If he''s going to be any use to use in the future he needs to get games under his belt.

Sorry DD, but in my head i remember a certain left footed curler against liverpool, which conciquently is on the goal vote list on the pinkun home page.

Can you remember that DD, and he was only on for a while aswell.

Pity he is not going to join them until later in the week as im taking my son on monday to see them play Chesterfield, it will be good to see a live game .As we havent had many at carra rd just lately , and also there ground is fan friendly not like rip off Crystal Palarse OTBC

what do people think an ashton and jarvis partnership would be like next season. would they work together, and are we likely to see it?

[quote]what do people think an ashton and jarvis partnership would be like next season. would they work together, and are we likely to see it?[/quote]

I think a Deano Leon partnership would be awesome in the first Div.  Such pace and strength would rip some defences apart