Sign in to follow this  
pokerman

could be a benefit

This all could work in our favour. PL has taken us so far there has to be an end (abit like worthington). A new manager may help get some more transfer funds out of the board and give us that extra push. Holt was awesome this season but again will be indicline within the next year or so so getting a transfer fund could help secure a younger long term solution.

Just need to chill out and have faith in Mcnasty to sort it all out.

Not heard the Worthington analogy before - it''s a good one.And you''re right, I love GH but can''t see him having a better season than he''s had. My only wish is that we''d kept his discontent under the radar as surely his price will have fallen now.

Agreed. We must remember that it wasn''t Holt and Lambert on their own that kept us in the Premier League. We will find a new manager, and we still have a good squad, even without Holt.

I agree, especially because PL moving to Villa only makes sense to me if he feels he''s taken us as far as he could.  Plus Holt is nearing the end of his career so if we get a fee out of him, then if he wants to go that''s fair enough.

It''s all about who we get in as manager.  I''m a little concerned about Malky being the front runner.  A hero when he was here, but I''d rather we go for someone with no City connection based on our status as a mid-table Prem team instead.

" A new manager may help get some more transfer funds out of the board "Cant see that somehow Pokerman, any new manager will come here on the Boards terms and will have to work within the budget they set. If a new man was given more cash than they were prepared to give Lambert I would be horrified, dont think that will be the case. Nice attempt to lift the gloom though! And I do agree that this is an oppertunity which hopefully the CEO will turn to our advantage!

I understand what youre saying Smoke but its quite common for an employer to ask for a payrise and be turned down, he then leaves and the company has to fill that position quickly, they then end up paying the new guy more money and have to invest in training / recruiting etc,

interesting times a, i was getting bored with no footie anyway!