Sign in to follow this  
Sly Dog

Fox, Holt and Whitbread

It''s often said that the spine of a team is all important.  So it worries me that our best defender, best midfield passer and 15 goal striker are suddenly all likely to leave.  Perhaps it''s just me but anyone else think the three of them might suddenly turn up at Villa with only a transfer fee required for one of them? 

The fact Whitbread was released so quickly suggests to me he wasn''t wanted anymore and has been given plenty of time to find a new club - doesn''t suggest to me a player that Lambert will move for at his new club. Fox had been dropped at the end of the season for Howson so again not sure if Lambert will go for him.

We''ll all have to wait and see with Holt - but as Lambert only signed one player over 30 in the last 3 years I''m not sure he''ll suddenly drop a few million on a player he rotated regulary last season.

Fox - YesHolt - YesWhitbread - NoI know Norwich fans love a drama but can we stop with the conspiracy theories. Fox would go because Lambert rates him, he''s out of contract because that''s how Norwich were working with all of the players in that situation. I don''t hear the other players who are out of contract being touted as being without a contract just so Lambert can take them. It''s nonsense.Whitbread is an injury nightmare.Holt wants more.

Agree Andy. Where does everyone think Holt might end up? Much as I like the guy and wanted him to stay I would be happy to see him fill Heskey''s boots next season at Villa [;)]