Sign in to follow this  

Now that he''s mad it crystal clear he wants to go pubicly on Twitter just let him go, yes he''s a huge part of the club and been a key part of us getting where we are, but NOBOBY IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB, he''s never going to be worth as much as he is now so lets cash in on him. If we try to keep him and frustrate him we have to remember he has huge influence on the squad and it could all get very nasty. Once a player says he wants to go there is really no way back. If he goes to a Villa or a West Ham for a big fee will be very interesting to see of he can live with the pressure and increased expectancy......he should remember its not always about the money, but having said that after what he''s done for us should we really grudge him the chance to double his money at his age......????

Just a few rambling words from a very infrequent poster..!!

Yeah the Lambert/Holt era is over, so may as well get shot of Holt too for a few million and start fresh. If we go down, we go down. At least we''ve had fun.

Not really my point mate, Holts a legend but life moves on, if we get say4-5 mil that added to what we have already for a new manger to spend equals a decent pot to get a replacement. Morison will be a better player with out having to live in the shadow of Holt added to a fit James Vaughan, Jacko and may be a Fletecher or Rhodes I''d certainly be happy with that.

To many people seem to think if we lose Holt we''re finished...????

If we stick to a policy of the best lower league players, best lower league managers we may go down but we wil be equipped with players who now how to win down there.

Anyhow Lambert was good but we did not win the Championship QPR did, we did not get in the top 10 or get into the finals of the cups and finished behind Swansea.

As long as we all hold the line and stick to the ethos of the club Norwich will be fine and with financial fiar play maybe even do better than we think.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]If we stick to a policy of the best lower league players, best lower league managers we may go down but we wil be equipped with players who now how to win down there.

Anyhow Lambert was good but we did not win the Championship QPR did, we did not get in the top 10 or get into the finals of the cups and finished behind Swansea.

As long as we all hold the line and stick to the ethos of the club Norwich will be fine and with financial fiar play maybe even do better than we think.[/quote]If you think we''d find it easy getting back out of the Championship you are mistaken. As you say, even with Lambert we didn''t get promoted as winners. QPR had a lot more money but a poorer manager. We will find it very hard to replace Lambert with someone of similar calibre and we will never have lots of money for players. So we''d better make sure we stay up.Oh, and we didn''t get into the later rounds of the FA Cup because Lambert chose to let that one go, to make sure we stayed up. It''s all worked out well for him, anyway.

I dont think I said that I said we would be well equipped to compete anyhow I dont envisage going down.

10 million invested into this squad + 4/5 million from holt and a best manager we can get and i think we will be ok.

Lamberts gone its sad but nobody died. To be honest I am really happy he did it now imagine he did one in next January and we went into free-fall!

Thank you Paul Lambert for the wonderful football and performances and thank you Grant Holt. Now i am excited about the new manager of the team and the new players we are going to sign who is going to step up.

Everyone who is/has been a manager/business owner on this forum will agree when a key member of staff goes its sometimes upsetting and you feel that maybe you wont replace them....but you always do and often you are surprised.

If we have a dumped state of mind we will get dumped on.