Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

It's a new day..

We are in the premier league after three years of success and progress. 

We have a good, strong squad of players. 

The club is being well run and financially secure - McNally is on the case and will steer the club in the right direction.

There is an attractive job vacancy at City which should encourage the best young coach''s/manager''s to apply.

Grant Holt is still a Norwich player and we will forgive him for his foolish ways - even if we sell him, it should free up some funds for the new manager to play with.

Players/managers can come and go but Norwich City Football Club goes on.

Doesn''t that make you feel good?

I do admit that I feel quite excited after McNally''s interview yesterday (whereas before I was nervous). Sounds like he''s got a good new manager lined up. Plus, the little dig at Villa''s transfer budget was rather funny.

I''ll let you know at the end of the day. The way this week has gone, God knows what may happen in the next 12 hours! Maybe it will come to light that Delia has "stole" a Lemon Marang recipe and is being sued for half her fortune plunging the club into administration!

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The club is being well run and financially secure - McNally is on the case and will steer the club in the right direction.

There is an attractive job vacancy at City which should encourage the best young coach''s/manager''s to apply.

Grant Holt is still a Norwich player and we will forgive him for his foolish ways - even if we sell him, it should free up some funds for the new manager to play with.

[/quote]

There really is something in the water up where you are, ldc, isn''t there? Seepage from some secret CIA LSD-manufacturing plant that has got into the local aquifer and thence to your cold tap. I''m not complaining, you understand. Just envious.

Me too Purple . LDC seems to be one of those constant "glass half full" sort of guys. As a check/balance there are plenty of the "glass half empty" brigade on here too. Like you, I guess I''m somewhere in the middle. There are indeed positives to take out of the events of this week, but ,equally, I'' really cannot say that i really "feel good" right now. I''m sorry, but losing our manager, and almost certainly our captain and main goal provider is rather lacking in "feelgood factor" LDC.

What you are saying is that things look set for a bright new period in our Club''s turbulent history . Quite possibly.  But there is an equally possible chance that, unless things are handled very well over the next few weeks, things could go spectacularly tits up next season. Time will tell, but to suggest that everything is looking rosy is a bit fanciful, I''m afraid.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Me too Purple . LDC seems to be one of those constant "glass half full" sort of guys. As a check/balance there are plenty of the "glass half empty" brigade on here too. Like you, I guess I''m somewhere in the middle. There are indeed positives to take out of the events of this week, but ,equally, I'' really cannot say that i really "feel good" right now. I''m sorry, but losing our manager, and almost certainly our captain and main goal provider is rather lacking in "feelgood factor" LDC.

What you are saying is that things look set for a bright new period in our Club''s turbulent history . Quite possibly.  But there is an equally possible chance that, unless things are handled very well over the next few weeks, things could go spectacularly tits up next season. Time will tell, but to suggest that everything is looking rosy is a bit fanciful, I''m afraid.

[/quote]

Just trying to redress the balance guys - mind you, you could be right about the water up here - there''s plenty of it (usually coming down from above).      Not saying everything is rosy, just that things aren''t as bleak as some would seem to think!

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[/quote]

Eric, I rather subscribe to the John Cobbold school of thought, that the only real crisis in football is if the white wine runs out in the boardroom. More seriously, I think if there is an upside from recent events it is to remind (in some cases educate) fans about the realities of life for a poor, medium-sized club in the PL.

Any Time you''r Carrow Way

Any evening any day

You''ll find us all

Oh  Old  Lamberts walked Hey

Every little Canary Gal

With her liitle Canary Pal

You''ll find them all

Oh Old Lamberts Walked HEY

Just thought I try cheering you up PC

Did it work?

[quote user="The Butler"]

Any Time you''r Carrow Way

Any evening any day

You''ll find us all

Oh  Old  Lamberts walked Hey

Every little Canary Gal

With her liitle Canary Pal

You''ll find them all

Oh Old Lamberts Walked HEY

Just thought I try cheering you up PC

Did it work?

[/quote]

TB, any post from you - nowadays akin to the sighting of an exotic migratory bird - cheers me! In this case, though, I was totally relaxed anyway. I gather there may have been some trifling developments in the world of East Anglian football but nothing serious enough to disturb the peace of my sun-drenched tax-haven idyll, with Lavinia and Genevieve on hand to serve iced drinks and wave palm fronds to keep me cool...

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

+1

Its not like they made us move to Birmingham is it!

Onwards and upwards!