Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

All Lambert had to say was...

he would be back at the start of the season, instead he wished everybody good luck for the future!!! Not the words of a manager that appears to be staying!!! However I hope I am wrong!!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]he would be back at the start of the season, instead he wished everybody good luck for the future!!! Not the words of a manager that appears to be staying!!! However I hope I am wrong!!!![/quote]
Ah, but if he is going (he''s not) he wouldn''t want to appear like a liar would he?
In all honesty Lambert''s problem is that he''s a bit too honest. He admitted he doesn''t know what was going to happen in the future (no one does) but reiterated that he was happy at the club and proud of what he and the team had achieved. Yes he could just say ''I''ll be back next season'' but he can''t account for every variable, certain variables may take place that make him move to Villa and he probably feels he would look worse if he did move to Villa but had said he wasn''t.  

This is just something we have to accept about Lambert, he doesn''t give much away. You only have to look at the Burnley saga and how it got out of control because of what Lambert never said. The exception to this was during the promotion celebrations in the city where he said he would sign a 20 year contract with us if he was offered one; I think he may have been a bit tipsy at the time, McNally should supply with him some celebratory drinks this evening and get him to sign that contract! [;)]

Agreed Gareth. This whole board seems to have acquired a large dose of Mike Walker syndrome.

I''m getting Ossie Ozbourne up again if it persists.