Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Whitbread

In my opinion, he is our third choice CB... I prefer having R. Martin and R. Bennett in there. But Im still confused as to why we''ve released him?

Rumour has it that he''s agreed to join either Leeds or Sunderland, but I cant imagine his wage demands being sky high, so why cant we out-bid the likes of Leeds?

Still a great centre back to have in the squad, especially as he keeps ward out of the team! I dont know if lambert is thinking that CB is an extremely competative position, with Ayala, MArtin, Bennett, Ward, Barnett etc.

I wish him all the best in the future, but im disappointed about him leaving.

Yes, am sure he certainly kept us in a few games by throwing all and sundry at shots and advances forwards!

maybe Lambert had enough of him being a long term absentee through injury. Playing 48 games in since Jan 2010 tells its own story!!

I totally agree. Whitbread has been our best centre back this season but a good defence is based on a consistent pairing in the middle. You can never guarantee Zak will play a full season (look at his career stats) so Im sure Lambert is looking for an older / more experienced head to compliment what we have!