Sign in to follow this  
e10_yellow

Pre-season Enfield away

Anyone else clocked this? Saturday July 28, 3pm.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/sport/9722711.Town_to_face_Norwich/

Ground was renovated and reopened in November 2011 last year so should be decent, though I''ve not been. I only live a couple miles away so well chuffed!

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Anyone else clocked this? Saturday July 28, 3pm. http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/sport/9722711.Town_to_face_Norwich/ Ground was renovated and reopened in November 2011 last year so should be decent, though I''ve not been. I only live a couple miles away so well chuffed![/quote]

Excellent! See you there :)

Seems a weird one and we''re so much higher in the league than any of their other friendlies so far.

I''d imagine this is part of a deal relating to setting up a scouting set-up down there.

Either way, great to know one of our friendlies! Can''t wait until the whole list is released!

Guess it will be youth teamers turning out, as in the Histon pre-season friendly last July.

Funny to see that Enfield''s ground is Donkey Lane (must be twinned with 1p5wich).

Thanks for the information - it''s nice to know that things are going on "behind the scenes".

I presume that this will be one of the last "easy" games which are sued to help fit the new players into the squad. I wonder if the club yet knows when the Premiership season will begin?

[quote user="Salopian"]

Thanks for the information - it''s nice to know that things are going on "behind the scenes".

I presume that this will be one of the last "easy" games which are sued to help fit the new players into the squad. I wonder if the club yet knows when the Premiership season will begin?

[/quote]

18th August is the starting weekend for the Premier League - not long now :)