Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Matt Lockwood on Paul Lambert from 2009

This made me chuckle:

http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=168733

Sorry, don''t know how to set the link up properly.

Brilliant. I wonder what he is up to these days. And as for Colchester fans saying they were glad he''d gone. I bet they are not feeling that way any more!

The players at Norwich seem to like him from what I''ve seen. If like is the right word. ''Respect'' may be better...

I would say PL is firm but fair. Knows when to have a laugh, knows when to be serious.

I watched a Sky Sports documentary on Otmar Hitzfeld which Lambert contributed to actually. Someone on the doc said that Hitzfeld never laid the law down on the players when they were playing badly, he would always talk to them about it rather than shout. However, when the players thought they were playing well, he could get a lot firmer.

I think Lambert has probably taken that from Hitzfeld.

I always rated Lockwood from his Orient days, forced Nicky Shorey to leave the club & far too good to be playing League 1 football.

Perhaps had the big fish in little pond syndrome because he flopped at Forest & then fell out with Lambert at Colchester.

Wouldn''t seem to hold too true when you consider comments made by the likes of Nelson who have actively praised Lambert for his management even after the player had left the club - I think there was an article posted on here shortly after Nelson won the scottish cup saying how he was still in contact with Lambert, and PL had been a big help to him during and after the move.

I get the impression that with Lambert, as long as you remain professional, he''ll do right by you. He seems the sort of manager who you can have a bit of a laugh with, but if you go too far or if you cross a line and don''t meet his standards, then he comes across as the sort who won''t stand for it. As it should be really.

Unfortunately for him it didn''t seem like the new gaffer Aidy Boothroyd thought much of him either.