Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Use The Loan System

Personally I think Lambert needs to be shrewd in the loan market next year if we are to have sustained sucess. Brendan Rogers done excellent and salvaged Swansea''s season when he took in Gylfi Surgurdsson half-way through to add to the already impressive Steven Caulker at centre-back.

Players I would like to be linked with include Oriol Romeu, Romelu Lukaku, Josh McEachran, Emmanuel Frimpong. The first two will be particularly dependent on who Chelsea sign and after a poor season are likely to be busy in the transfer market meaning first team opportunities are few and far between.

Frimpong at Arsenal is a fantastic player and was on loan at Wolves. A combative midfielder he is exactly the player we need to break up play and also has a fantastic engine. McEchran has not had chances at Swansea but is a truly fantastic talent, think Jack Wilshere! He is a much improved Pacheco or Lansbury. Romeu is a defensive break-up player as well so him or Frimpong would be ideal for us.

I would also like us to be linked with players such as Nathanial Clyne. Repeatedly linked with bigger boys but yet to move, at £3m he would be a bargain and solve our right-back problem. A permanent move for Kyle Naughton would also be nice, he could always play at left-back.

Because we aren''t going to ever be big spenders without investment (look at Everton, Fulham, teams like that) the loan system still has the potential to really benefit us, look at Naughton this season.

I''m sure Lambert will get a decent player or two again.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]

McEchran has not had chances at Swansea but is a truly fantastic talent, think Jack Wilshere!

[/quote]

Hmm. I think Jack Wilshere is quite a bit ahead of McEachran. Wilshere is only a year older than McEachran and yet last season he was a regular in the Arsenal first team and playing for England whereas McEachran is struggling to get in the Swansea team.

I remember watching Wilshere before he broke through into the first team squad at Arsenal and he was a real eye-catching player. I''m not sure if McEachran is the same (though he''s obviously got something about him).

Wilshere is also probably much better at looking after himself on the pitch, McEachran looks a bit lightweight at the moment.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Capt_Canary"]

McEchran has not had chances at Swansea but is a truly fantastic talent, think Jack Wilshere!

[/quote]

Hmm. I think Jack Wilshere is quite a bit ahead of McEachran. Wilshere is only a year older than McEachran and yet last season he was a regular in the Arsenal first team and playing for England whereas McEachran is struggling to get in the Swansea team.

I remember watching Wilshere before he broke through into the first team squad at Arsenal and he was a real eye-catching player. I''m not sure if McEachran is the same (though he''s obviously got something about him).

Wilshere is also probably much better at looking after himself on the pitch, McEachran looks a bit lightweight at the moment.

[/quote]

Swansea got Sigardsson because of Brendan Rogers, and likewise Mcecheran

We missed out on Caulker because we already had Naughton who IMO is better.

De Laet proved to be unsuccessful and got injured and so we sent him back. The way i see it is that we used the loan system. Maybe in Jan we could have got someone to replace the slot frred up by de laet, but it isn''t free to loan players. Stop playing FM too much and reading into that. I''m far happier we got Howson and Bennett in, as they''re all ours next season and can grow into the squad. Naughtons departure leaves a big gap in our squad, as will be the case at Swansea when their loanees return to their parent clubs. Sigardsson has probably priced himself out of a move there now.

Have i missed something but when exactly did Swansea nee to "salvage" their season as the OP has stated ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Have i missed something but when exactly did Swansea nee to "salvage" their season as the OP has stated ?[/quote]

Need even.[:$]

It depends on getting the right player(s). PL has always seemed a little unconvinced by loans, although he had to use them. If they fit in with his approach, and are neither prima donnas nor appearing only when they are in a big window, then I am not sure.

Loan players will not belong to us, and will be looking to move back or elsewhere, so they may turn it on against the bog boys, and avoid injury against the cloggers.