Sign in to follow this  
The Young One

Likely targets/players within our reach) for summer 2012

Some of you are being harsh on Jackson. Yes he hasn''t scored many this season, but i feel this is down to him and Lambert changing his all round game. Last season even when on scoring form people were saying, ''he doesn''t do anything except score''. Compare that to this season, he persistently chases the ball when in the opponents half. More often than not leaving him out of goal scoring positions. It would be interesting to see how many shots on goal he''s actually had. By memory, not many. At the end of the day people do judge strikers by goals, so maybe this will be his downfall.

Then bring Vaughan into the situation and i think it seems even more harsh. Jackson just 1 year older than Vaughan has 90 league goals, compared to Vaughan''s 16. Since Vaughan broke in to the Everton first team he has not had One ''injury free season''. Will this change? There''s only 2 reasons for selling Jackson and keeping Vaughan. Firstly we''d be lucky to get a 1/4 of what we paid for the latter. Secondly you''re hoping the latter lives up to the hype when he made his debut 7 years ago.

I agree we need to sign another forward, but i don''t think we should sell a player who has consistently played well just to make room.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Events have proven you right? In what possible way can you think that? Cody is a League One player next season, Martin got a run of games in this league and Jackson has scored twice in the league. Yes events have definatly proven you right...[/quote]

... because Cody would have scored at least two goals in the games Jackson and Martin had, not least because he can head a ball and has pace.  Simples !!!  

[/quote]

A bit like you methinks.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Blackburn drop we should go for the Yak. he might be what, 34? 35 now?

[/quote]

I think he''s around ten years younger than Kanu. Which makes him about 45 [;)]

[/quote]

When Yak played for Maccabi Haifa in Israel he was registered with a DOB of 22nd Nov 1977, this suddenly became 22nd Nov 1982 when he was signed by Portsmouth. Not that good old ''onest ''Arry had anything to do with this I''m sure.

[/quote]

I think that was referring to his dog''s birth certificate