Sign in to follow this  
minestrone

tube advice for Arsenal

Can anyone with good London knowledge advise me ahead of next Saturday. I had planned to drive down the M11 and park at Redbridge tube station and go in from there as I know a few people who have used this method of getting into London. The route planner on the TFL site takes you on the Central Line then the Piccadily via Holburn, about 40 mins travel time. When I looked at the tube map, to get to Arsenal station  it looked far closer and more simple to go in from Cockfosters and simply go down the Piccadily Line from there, about 25 mins. Is it a lot harder to get to  (and park) at Cockfosters coming from the M11, or is Redbridge the more convenient choice if coming down from Norwich to ''Big London''?Would it cost about the same either way on the tube?Any help would be very welcome.Thanks

I would go to Cockfosters as it has a large carpark. To get there is about the same time as Redbridge by car but only has space for about 150 cars compared to over 400 at Cockfosters. Another option is Epping station not as far to drive large carpark but longer on the tube. Parked at Epping for the Fulham game as Cockfosters had engineering works going on. We are going to try and get a bit closer in my may mate knows where he can park and then jump on the tube if not it will be Cockfosters.

Depends if you want to spend minimum time driving or minimum time on the train - from East London I always go to Highbury and Islington on the overground from Stratford or Shoreditch High Street.

If you park at Redbridge take the Central Line to Stratford and change there to the Overground (Orange Line). The walk from Highbury & Islington is a little longer, but not very far and it''s good to take in a bit of the pre game excitement. Also you can get some good views of the Olympic Park from Stratford Station (if you are into this sort of thing).

[quote user="minestrone"]Can anyone with good London knowledge advise me ahead of next Saturday. I had planned to drive down the M11 and park at Redbridge tube station and go in from there as I know a few people who have used this method of getting into London. The route planner on the TFL site takes you on the Central Line then the Piccadily via Holburn, about 40 mins travel time. When I looked at the tube map, to get to Arsenal station  it looked far closer and more simple to go in from Cockfosters and simply go down the Piccadily Line from there, about 25 mins. Is it a lot harder to get to  (and park) at Cockfosters coming from the M11, or is Redbridge the more convenient choice if coming down from Norwich to ''Big London''?Would it cost about the same either way on the tube?Any help would be very welcome.Thanks[/quote]

[quote user="minestrone"][quote user="minestrone"]Can anyone with good London knowledge advise me ahead of next Saturday. I had planned to drive down the M11 and park at Redbridge tube station and go in from there as I know a few people who have used this method of getting into London. The route planner on the TFL site takes you on the Central Line then the Piccadily via Holburn, about 40 mins travel time. When I looked at the tube map, to get to Arsenal station  it looked far closer and more simple to go in from Cockfosters and simply go down the Piccadily Line from there, about 25 mins. Is it a lot harder to get to  (and park) at Cockfosters coming from the M11, or is Redbridge the more convenient choice if coming down from Norwich to ''Big London''?Would it cost about the same either way on the tube?Any help would be very welcome.Thanks[/quote][/quote]