Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Sunday Mirror report

Just a couple of mistakes in there. I know it''s not much, but it still makes me laugh how they can describe a goal so wrong!

Caption below the picture ''''Wolves Keeper Wayne Hennessey denies Grant Holt, but the Norwich player was able to nod in the rebound to put the canaries ahead''''. First off, Holt knocked it over the keeper, and headed it in, he didn''t score from a rebound off a Hennessey save. Secondly, it was the equaliser, not to put us ahead!

Then in the report it says ''''Little more than a minute later, Wolves'' notorious defensive frailties haunted them once more as Holt, courtesy of an assist from Simeon Jackson, found himself one-on-one with Wolves'' keeper Wayne Hennessey as Carrow Road held it''s breath. The clubs'' leading scorer was briefly denied by Hennessey but followed up to nod home from close range''''. How can a reporter describe something so simple, so wrong?? I know I''m being picky, but it makes me laugh.

This is only a guess but I''d reckon from where the reporter was sitting he either glanced up a split second late and saw the ball in the air over Hennessey and an onrushing Holt and presumed the keeper must''ve saved it or simply did believe Hennessey got a touch.

The person responsible for this report may not have had the pleasure of watching the 5 million replays available for fans at half-time. Especially as they would need to have written about three goals quickly.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

This is only a guess but I''d reckon from where the reporter was sitting he either glanced up a split second late and saw the ball in the air over Hennessey and an onrushing Holt and presumed the keeper must''ve saved it or simply did believe Hennessey got a touch.

The person responsible for this report may not have had the pleasure of watching the 5 million replays available for fans at half-time. Especially as they would need to have written about three goals quickly.

[/quote].......i''m pretty certain that they don''t write, they record into a dictaphone or some such so no excuse for not seeing what''s going on. if he was even there of course.

Laptops?

Do they no longer use quill and parchment?

Or engrave into stone?