[quote user="Aggy"]You know what you''ll get with him, and it''s something that Lambert seems to build most of the squad around - hard work and 100% honesty and determination for the side. I think the one aspect of his game that he lacks is finishing - he scored a decent goal the other week, so hopefully he can prove me wrong more when he gets a few more games, and maybe gets his confidence up a bit. But, if we''re being super harsh, he should maybe have done better with his initial shot before he set Holt up. But I wouldn''t mind him getting an extended run in the team now - let''s see what he can do over a longer spell, and see if he can show us his scoring boots as well as the hard work he puts in elsewhere. Another goal or two between now and the end of the season, and I''d be very surprised if he doesn''t get a new contract - everything else seems to tick Lambert''s boxes.[/quote]

Yes a bit harsh - for a player who doesn''t get much first team football and may not totally have his eye in - to hit it hard and low is the percentage thing to do - ensures you get the shot on target.  The rest was down to his tenacity and as you say 100% honesty and determination.   Hopefully, he''ll get a start soon.

I was actually impressed with his shot, I think its what big CFs should do in that situation. I can remember on more than one occasion, Holt trying to round the keeper (and not trying to win a Pen) and missing the chance because he didn''t get it right. I think he''s also scored doing that.

But if a player can hit a shot with power, why not just blast it. From that range, it was be an either poor shot or excellent save for the keeper to keep hold of it. I think he maybe just delayed a bit too long so Howard was too close, I think maybe (and I could be totally wrong) if you look at that shot about, maybe from a different angle it was aimed at the corner, but Howard was pretty close to him by the time he shot (and maybe he took the shot as quickly as he could?), so he had the advantage.

But he did very well (also chucking Distan to the floor, thought that was a foul, but the good old ref was playing by his own rules) to get the ball and set up Holt rather than going for a shot.

I think in todays game players can prolong their longevity thanks to a combination of sports science, better knowledge of nutrition, not to mention more advanced knowledge in the field of injuries and how best to deal with them etc. It''s even moved on significantly in the last few years I think, and for these reasons I think we''ll see many outfield players carrying on well into their mid-30''s - Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are perhaps the first of what will become the norm. Fair few years left in Aaron and Grant yet I feel :)

i''m sure he will be offered a new deal. lambert loves him, as much for his off field presence as his on field performance. thought he was supurb yesterday, bit of the holt about him, determined to make the ball his and turn it into something. as previous posters have mentioned, he is now a much better player than when he first arrived.