Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Huck's part in the second goal.....

....seems to have been largely uncommented on,

Shaped for a cross, but then instead, a slide rule pass into the channel, exactly weighted and precisely positioned for Ashton to run onto. It took three defenders out in one fell swoop, sheer class I thought.

Also from the resulting goal,what was Leon''s muscle flexing posture all about ? He seemed to be trying to be making some sort of image statement !

Hucks had a cracking game. His throughball was absolutely outstanding, but just one part of an awesome move - start to finish.

No one seems to have picked up on how much defending he did too - he was constantly trekking back, supporting Drury and running down the ball. It was a typical Huckerby performance and we''d be lost without the man

[quote]....seems to have been largely uncommented on, Shaped for a cross, but then instead, a slide rule pass into the channel, exactly weighted and precisely positioned for Ashton to run onto. It took thre...[/quote]

Leon said in an interview afterwards "that it was one for the ladies". Hope we see a lot more of it, more poses = more goals.

[quote]....seems to have been largely uncommented on, Shaped for a cross, but then instead, a slide rule pass into the channel, exactly weighted and precisely positioned for Ashton to run onto. It took thre...[/quote]

come on gorleston

it''s about time the river end got some excitement!!

if he had revealed all infront of my mate and me in the barclay i wouldn''t have come round ever!

sorry, but it was a real treat 

[quote]come on gorleston it''s about time the river end got some excitement!! if he had revealed all infront of my mate and me in the barclay i wouldn''t have come round ever! sorry, but it was a real treat[/quote]

"revealed all "  ! ! ! ? ? ?

really Gazza you must control yourself ,get a grip ( if you know what I mean)

[quote]Hucks had a cracking game. His throughball was absolutely outstanding, but just one part of an awesome move - start to finish. No one seems to have picked up on how much defending he did too - he was...[/quote]

Also he kept Ronaldo  quiet !   ....  he`s about the only player that  had the pace to close him down ...   good plan Worthy    ... and , so much for Hucks being predictable !! I wasn`t impressed by Leons posing  , not at all !    ...  he scores a rare goal on the back of other players hard work , and there he is , acting like he`s the " main man "