Ryan Bennett = Too Early

Ritchie De Laet = Miss

Jonny Howson = Too Early

Bradley Johnson = Hit

Steve Morison = Hit

Kyle Naughton = Hit

Anthony Pilkington = Hit

James Vaughan = Too Early

Paul Lambert has made 29 signings thus far, of which only 7 have been ''misses'' in my view. A 75% hit rate in the transfer market is huge and credit must go to the scouting network, the coaches, PL and most importantly the Board who have backed him.

I actually think you are being harsh on most of those ''misses'', Rose, McNamee and Johnson all contributed to us getting out of League One, Edwards helped us through some injury problems last year, Vokes gave us a bit of depth and another option up front to help us over the line and Wilbraham is still considered by Lambert to be good enough to be in the matchday squad in the Premier League.

You''ve not included one player from last year that I would consider a miss however, Steven Smith.

Yes. He does seem to have the Midas touch, especially as no manager gets it right all the time.

I don''t even think that some of your misses are totally justified. Wilbraham, for  example, was signed for a reason which has been justified and his stock seems to be rising of late. It didn''t exactly break the bank to buy him either and the outlay will probably be recouped. McNamee and Oli had their moments too.

The idea of "hits" and "misses" depends upon a lot of factors, including the cost of the player and contribution to the cause. The latter may have been brief but, as with McNamee, may also have been significant.

I have to admit that there are one or two names on your list that I hardly recognise let alone remember. These are misses  for sure.

I was writing whilst Mr. B. posted.

I was referring to Edwards and Rose as the players I hardly recognised. I now bow to the above poster''s superior knowledge. Us exiles, who can''t get to games much, get a bit detached from things sometimes.

I would call Andy Carroll the biggest "miss" in recent times. Despite being an international he has hardly justified that enormous fee at Liverpool. I would be more than happy to have him at Norwich for £2-3m however. Instant "hit."

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]You''re very harsh because most of the those misses contributed to 1 or even 2 promotions.[/quote]

Very true, funny how some people suffer from Short sightedness and selective memories. think we have safely say Smith was probably the only big miss but that was due to him and his unsettled family, When he did play he gave 100% 

Hit / Miss is based on whether or not the player made a significant contribution during his time at the club.

Both Rose and Mcnamee made a contribution but not at the level I would consider ''significant''. I''m not slating the players at all. I liked Rose actually but his ability was limited to that level where as the others have risen above what you may consider to be their respective levels.

Every team and manager makes good and bad signings. The point of the post was to demonstrate the success rate of PL''s transfer record compared to most.

I don''t think Macnamee should be a miss, he contributed just as much if not more in League One than Pacheco did in the Championship, and you have him down as a hit.

I also wouldn''t call Wilbraham a miss, I don''t know what i''d call him though...

Whitbread has been massive success now. But when we actually signed him in League 1, he contributed nothing to us getting promoted because he was injured. So to call some of those players misses when they actually contributed more to early promotions is incredibly harsh

Michael Rose came in and did a solid job covering for Drury while he was injured. He scored an important goal against Hartlepool and provided a peach of an assist for Holty against Swindon. He also meant we didn''t have to drop Lappin back into that position disrupting the midfield. Oli Johnson scored some vital goals too. Like that double against Southend to keep the momentum going when we badly needed it.