Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

FA Cup - Two last points before we move on

As I''ve said before chaps, it''s not about a trip to Wembley, or excitement, or the

romance of the cup - for the people in charge, it''s simply about money.

It''s disappointing that football has gone this way, but there''s little

we can do about it, as boycotting cup games just means that clubs take

it even less seriously, and even then many managers aren''t willing to

take the gamble of players getting injured in what''s seen as a faltering

prestige.

We''re not alone in taking this approach, hell I remember Man Utd being

crucified many years ago for putting a third string team out in the cup

because they were focusing on the league and world club cup!

Until football changes as a whole, where rules and regulations are put into place to make things fairer, and to stop certain teams building up huge debts or using private finance from owners to spend £100 million on a player, then this will always detract from things like the cup. When league peformance and survival dictates the potential financial future of clubs, it will always override those areas that don''t have this impact, and with more and more clubs having finance problems and looking at administration, the worse it will be for those that suddenly lose the huge premiership money.We dropped out of the premiership the first time around just when the money was coming in and spent the next 10 years suffering for it, we then came back up and missed the chance again, which then took us another 8 years to get our current shot at the big money, and very soon I can see the same few teams yo-yo-ing between the prem and championship because they''re the only ones with the parachute money or premiership money that will allow them to compete, and we simply cannot afford to fall by the wayside here, as this time it may not be another 8-10 years for another chance, it may be not at all, and this is what''s motivating the people in charge, not Wembley runs and ''Giant Killing'' cup games...

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]No one can ever guess lamberts team selections and I don''t have a problem with the team he selected apart from maybe Holt could have been on the bench as the game was crying out for a player like him to come on at one all and if that would have happened we probably Would have won. But that aside the team he put out let everyone down. Next point I agree that if we are sat on 35 points at this point of the season we should go for it. All this established prem stuff is rubbish there are probably only 6 est clubs now the rest are in danger of dropping down a league. If we stay in the league five years and are sat on the same point this time of the season will we go for a cup? My only criticism of Lambert over all this is him going on about how the man u game is more important than the f.a cup game the day before the leicester game. What sort of message does that send? It tells me Lambert has never really taken the cup seriously and probably never will. That guts me because I firmly believed we had a chance and it was our best chance in years to get to wembley. What Lambert has done has been outstanding but if he won us an fa cup and got us European football he would without doubt become our greatest ever manager. All the game is about is money and finishing "as High as possible" the board and management don''t care about the cups and half our fans don''t. Only a few of us still dream of it but because there is not much cash in it then it probably won''t happen. Look forward to trying to push for a "top ten finish" year after year. Lastly because the cup is no longer being taken seriously I''ve decided I''m no longer gonna buy a ticket for a cup game again . Of course if we get to a semi finals I will be there but like a said its not being taken seriously so that won''t happen. The dream of seeing city at wembley is over for now for me. I''m trying, struggling but have no choice in dreaming of finishing a league place higher than the previous season like the rest of you so we get that extra million pound I dreamed of . Money, money ,money.... greed , greed, greed. It won''t be long I''m sure I will fall out of love with this greedy game and I''m sure I''m not alone.....[/quote]Excellent post [Y]You''re not alone.Unfotunately the game is like the majoity of people these days, lots of greed and little passion. Did the greatest manager we have seen in England not always want to put out his first choice team if all his players were fit? I am not convinced that an awful lot has changed since then but the fans are led to believe so.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"] Excellent post [Y]

You''re not alone.

Unfotunately the game is like the majoity of people these days, lots of greed and little passion. Did the greatest manager we have seen in England not always want to put out his first choice team if all his players were fit? I am not convinced that an awful lot has changed since then but the fans are led to believe so.
[/quote]

Would have to question this. Are you sure Steve Maclaren always put out our best players.............?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="The Gruffalo"] Excellent post [Y]

You''re not alone.

Unfotunately the game is like the majoity of people these days, lots of greed and little passion. Did the greatest manager we have seen in England not always want to put out his first choice team if all his players were fit? I am not convinced that an awful lot has changed since then but the fans are led to believe so.
[/quote]

Would have to question this. Are you sure Steve Maclaren always put out our best players.............?

[/quote]

As it was said earlier, It was all about money, If the team sheet was announced the same day as the draw, would we have sold the same amount of tickets? I think not, so as a Norwich fan, just like those other 24000 felt cheated, I only hope now he can justify what he did was right.   

Wait until we reach the Europa league - which could be sooner than we think - what then?Are we going to do a Stoke and send the reserve team abroad? What must their fans think after spending time and money on travelling to Spain before finding out they will be watching the stiffs.Don''t feel sorry for Stoke or their fans however - bunch of to$$ers!