Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Kris Commons

I was very impressed with Commons last year when we played against Derby, every time he picked up the ball he looked like he was going to create and in general was a threat all match long. He left Derby and that cued their slide down the table in my opinion. Can play left wing or at the tip of the diamond so would present competition to Wes. Obviously he only signed to Celtic last January, yet I think fee was only around £300,000 so it would not take a great deal to tempt them into accepting a bid as he seems to have gone off the boil abit, though still has an excellent record and potential I think.What do you guys think, or is the opinion the Snodgrass or McGugan the man for that ''creative'' role? (personally im a fan of Snodgrass too, but this could be a cheaper alternative!)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I''ll have some of whatever you are on........

[/quote]

Actually...

I had heard a story linking us to Commons before. Apparantly he is unhappy at Celtic and is likely to move away this Jan - I dismissed the rumour as I felt it was a 2 + 2 = 5 one (Lambert being a former Celtic player, thus he would buy Celtic players)

I''ll have some of whatever you are on........

[/quote]Its an SPL player, not Messi. And we have money to spend as opposed to last January with only a Championship budget

Fair enough, i thought you were refering to finances! Personally im basing my opinion of his record at Derby, Stoke and Forrest, but also in particular his performance against us, looked very classy on the ball and I feared he was going to create something everytime he picked up the ball around the box.

The SPL is akin to League One. 

[/quote]

Apart from if you''re the BBC or Sky Sports. I''m sure any L1 club would be glad of the coverage that the SPL teams get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHGpruYJh0There we go the old youtube montage, thats how most people judge the quality of a player these days right? [;)]

I''ve seen quite a bit of him, during his time with Forest & then Derby. Very talented player whilst at Forest in League 1, but his fitness wasn''t the best. However at Derby he got himself fit and really impressed and was their stand-out performer.

I think he has had a few injuries this season because he did well at Celtic last year. If he has fallen out with Lennon I''d certainly like him here.

Always a threat - he would go down a treat at Carrow Rd.   Would think a fully fit and firing Commons would be a big asset to the club.  Better imo than most of the other names being touted around.     A proven player at the peak of his career.   As long as he''s fit - bring it on.

24 hours ago Neil Lennon announced Hooper, Matthews and Commons are 3 players being linked with clubs, but are 100% not for sale. I think Commons is the type of player we should be looking at, but as we all know with Lambert he won''t pay more than a player is worth, sadly Celtic will be after a big bid to sell a player they want to keep.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]24 hours ago Neil Lennon announced Hooper, Matthews and Commons are 3 players being linked with clubs, but are 100% not for sale. I think Commons is the type of player we should be looking at, but as we all know with Lambert he won''t pay more than a player is worth, sadly Celtic will be after a big bid to sell a player they want to keep.[/quote]

I guess it all depends on whether the stories are true of Commons being unhappy at the club. To be honest the player I would really want from Celtic is Ki Sung-Yeung but that is just dreaming.