Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

The Snakepit are Idiots!

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]It was sang in the Barclay, i dont see anything wrong with the chant.

If he was coloured then yes there would be.[/quote]A stripey chimp?

We are only commenting on his physical appearance- as said before. Same as ripping Crouch for his height, Holt for his weight, Gunn for having no hair.

There is no denying he looks like a chimp, it''s either that or giving him stick about being Welsh- which probably would have ended even more racist. He knows he looks like a chimp but on 40k+ a week I really don''t think he cares.

However I do agree with some of what has been said about the snakepit- there is an element that sometimes arises which are quite nasty- either racist/homophobic. Because I definitely heard a quiet rendition of

''Your dad washes elephants...'' Which has no place in modern society.

Cant believe there is still debate over this, the song was sung and its over with now.

It wasnt racist or anything, just a bit of banter.

I guess none of you heard what the Gooner fans were singing about Ade when he went back there?

Not that was disgusting and too far.

Viva_Marc_Libbra wrote "However I do agree with some of what has been said about the snakepit- there is an element that sometimes arises which are quite nasty- either racist/homophobic. Because I definitely heard a quiet rendition of

''Your dad washes elephants...'' Which has no place in modern society."

Where do you sit VML as I didn''t hear that in the snakepit?

Barclay A-Block. Right on the wall- as far as I could tell it was snakepit- but I do apologies if it was Barclay A Block. I just heard what I thought was noise above me, but thinking about it, it could have been behind.

It was only 3 or 4 voices, it was very faint. But still, it doesn''t take much for a song to be picked up. Whoever it was Barclay or Snakepit,

I was just a bit disillusioned with it because generally I''d say our following has a very clean cut image- (which some will disagree with) but is a very positive thing. I''d rather that then be Leeds or Manchester United.

I went to see Bradford- Sheff United JPT and I was with the Bradford fans in the away end, and I was intimidated standing with them- and I was supposed to be a Bradford fan- it was horrible. I''ve never felt that way with Norwich fans, it''s always a good atmosphere. Just disappointed that a handful could spoil a good reputation.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Barclay A-Block. Right on the wall- as far as I could tell it was snakepit- but I do apologies if it was Barclay A Block. I just heard what I thought was noise above me, but thinking about it, it could have been behind.

It was only 3 or 4 voices, it was very faint. But still, it doesn''t take much for a song to be picked up. Whoever it was Barclay or Snakepit,

I was just a bit disillusioned with it because generally I''d say our following has a very clean cut image- (which some will disagree with) but is a very positive thing. I''d rather that then be Leeds or Manchester United.

I went to see Bradford- Sheff United JPT and I was with the Bradford fans in the away end, and I was intimidated standing with them- and I was supposed to be a Bradford fan- it was horrible. I''ve never felt that way with Norwich fans, it''s always a good atmosphere. Just disappointed that a handful could spoil a good reputation.[/quote]You sound like a massive wet wipe.

If you''re disagreeing with my anger at the Adebayor chant being sung?! Then you''re condoning racism. I''m sticking by what I said, we have a family club image that some fans despise. I don''t, if you want to take kids- sit in the N&P there will always be swearing etc but racism? That''s completely different.

the adebayor song was sung by a few men a few rows behind me. I sit in the front row in line with between the goaline and 6 yard box next to the snakepit. not quite the snakepit but the atmosphere picks up in the block next to it.

[quote user="Fellas"]According to The Guardian...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/27/norwich-city-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league

"Then, a lightning, trademark break from Tottenham, instigated by Modric, allowed Bale a free run on Ruddy. He accepted it with relish, drew the goalkeeper from his line and delicately dinked the ball over him. For once, thankfully, the idiots in the Snakepit fell quiet."

[/quote]

The Guardian reporters (delicate little souls that they obviously are) must have been horrified at the ''Team full of inbreds'' chant from the Chelski fans yesterday.

Taking the pee goes hand in hand with football fans. It can be witty, funny or just plain crude but it is never going to stop.

Get over it you hackers.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Fellas"]According to The Guardian...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/27/norwich-city-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league

"Then, a lightning, trademark break from Tottenham, instigated by Modric, allowed Bale a free run on Ruddy. He accepted it with relish, drew the goalkeeper from his line and delicately dinked the ball over him. For once, thankfully, the idiots in the Snakepit fell quiet."

[/quote]

The Guardian reporters (delicate little souls that they obviously are) must have been horrified at the ''Team full of inbreds'' chant from the Chelski fans yesterday.

Taking the pee goes hand in hand with football fans. It can be witty, funny or just plain crude but it is never going to stop.

Get over it you hackers.

[/quote]

I think the response of "you''re just a team full of wan*ers" was neither big nor clever,but it sure made me laugh[:D]