[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But is that really the case?

How about Fox?

What say you?

One heart[U]

NMTD

[/quote]

I know you like to study methodology, so I''ll leave that to you......[:D]

What my mind tells me is that both Fox and Russell Martin will soon be in that top 100 if they keep going at the same high level for the next few games.

Barnett and RMartin look pretty good together to me - what say you.

One love.

OTBC

I thinks so too. And I agree with whoever, maybe you, who made the comparison between Russell Martin and David Stringer. Two right backs who became (hopefully in Martin''s case) excellent central defenders.

What we have to take into consideration with Barnett is, "Is Russell Martin the reason he''s doing so well?"

As a defender in my more mobile years I watch the defensive side of games a bit more than the others and in my opinion the reason Barnett is doing so well is down to R. Martin.

I''m not trying to take away from Barnett''s performances but a lot of the times, he is in position to make a block because R. Martin has told him to be there. The organisation of our defence by Martin has been a revelation and in my opinion, long may it continue.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out "]What we have to take into consideration with Barnett is, "Is Russell Martin the reason he''s doing so well?" As a defender in my more mobile years I watch the defensive side of games a bit more than the others and in my opinion the reason Barnett is doing so well is down to R. Martin. I''m not trying to take away from Barnett''s performances but a lot of the times, he is in position to make a block because R. Martin has told him to be there. The organisation of our defence by Martin has been a revelation and in my opinion, long may it continue.[/quote]

I agree, it''s no coincidence that Leon Barnett starts to play well once Russell Martin gets moved to centre back.  If he likes playing in that position and he wants to continue playing there then Russell Martin could become a great leader of our back four.

I reckon Barnett would be even more of a star performer if somebody could only coach him to head down from corners and other set plays.

This tendency to head up & over has been a weakness since he joined us.

OTBC