Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Back to the diamond and quick.

fox

crofts           johnson

hoolahan

Holt               Jackson

We need to go back to this formation. Lambert''s new obsession with tinkering with his team is not working. Fox Hoolahan and Holt are our most senior players so they need to be playing together, They also should be the core of our 1st 11. We needs some consistency fast so I beleive lambert should go with the formation above and stick with it for the next 5/6 games. Bennet and Pilkington are perfect impact players for now.

In fact while Im at it Lambert should go with somthing like;

Ruddy

Mcnaughton  Barnett  Whitbread  De Laet

Fox

Crofts             Johnson

Hoolahan

Holt                    Jackson

De laet and Mcnaughton to provide a bit of pace and width at full back. 

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ruddy

Fox

Hoolahan

[/quote]

Not sure about the capability of bringing in a new right back at this stage

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ruddy

Fox

Hoolahan

[/quote]

Not sure about the capability of bringing in a new right back at this stage

[/quote]

Apoligies for that I dont know what I was thinking! complete brain block1 Kyle Naughton!

The ''mixing and matching'' that has been deployed so far just doesn''t work for me. We''re paying too much respect to the other sides, and ones that aren''t that great either.

We''ve binned the system that won us two promotions, which I think is wrong. The way I looked at this season is that we would play the diamond for the vast majority of games - we would get humped now again, but the system would also give us wins, which are crucial as Lambert knows - draws are no good.

Hoolahan must start and is crucial to the formation, unless of course that the rumours of Wes being sold in the next transfer window are true..

This may sound daft, as we have played the formation for the last couple of seasons, but I''m not convinced we have the players to make the diamond work in the Premier League. The two players on the sides have to cover so much ground because of the tempo of the game at this level and I''m just not convinced we have anyone who could cope. There has to be a reason why PL has ditched a system that has brought us back to back promotions and that is the only one I can think of.

[quote user="komakino"]The ''mixing and matching'' that has been deployed so far just doesn''t work for me. We''re paying too much respect to the other sides, and ones that aren''t that great either. We''ve binned the system that won us two promotions, which I think is wrong. The way I looked at this season is that we would play the diamond for the vast majority of games - we would get humped now again, but the system would also give us wins, which are crucial as Lambert knows - draws are no good. Hoolahan must start and is crucial to the formation, unless of course that the rumours of Wes being sold in the next transfer window are true..[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more with this and was going to post something similar.

It''s still early days but to me, we have lost our identity.  the last 2 seasons we have had a solid system and solid style of play so everyone in the team knows what is expected of them.  Playing a different team and a different system in every game doesn''t seem right, and the best teams are the ones who know their best 11 and stick to it as much as they can.  Perhaps we don''t know what our best 11 is yet but we need to figure that out quick.

For me the best 11 has to include the following, assuming fit and suspension free;  Ruddy, Tierney, De Laet, Fox (we need his passing and set piece ability), Crofts, Hoolahan, Holt and Morison.  That''s 8 out of the 11 i think should be starting every game at the moment

Agree with Shack. The diamond just doesn''t look right with our personnel at this level.

4-2-3-1 for me. Usual back four

Crofts/Fox Johnson

Bennet/Crofts PIlks/Surman

Wes

Morison/Holt

The players could be altered depending on how attacking we want to be, but that formation seems to have everything - protection for the back four, bit of width, Wes in the hole.

I really doubt that our players are good enough to learn a new system every week.