Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

4-2-3-1 Recipe for success

With the likes of Pilks, Bennett, Wes, any of our strikers could do a job with these three behind him.

With Fox and Johnson providing stability it looks good on paper and worked against Bolton. In previous games having two up front didn''t work so great.

4-2-3-1 way to go!?

The team yesterday certainly had more skill, class and attacking threat which is obviously what we need to win games. However I think it will be to our advantage to change the team/formation around because the oposition wont know what to expect and we can throw their game plans out. Although on saying that after this team/formation was a great sucess I guess it would be silly not to start with it against Sunderland.

I like 4-2-3-1, ticks lots of boxes.

Essential back 4 protected by 2 more-means the back four can focus on defending but, as and when possible, they have a nar-by outlet for the short ball out. Fox is ideal sat there for that purpose.

The 3 give a bit of attacking width as well as a "hidden" attacker/playmaker just behind the front man who can support and set him up.

Sadly the "1" of a 4-2-3-1 means that its not alays going to be Super Grant Holt in that position, but a good one for Morison and Vaughan and deffo for Jackson, especially coming on for either of those with 25 mins left.

Yeah, it''s definitely a good option. We need to keep the ball more though. It''s a formation that works best when you try and keep possession and pass short and quick. Against 10 man Bolton we had about 40% and over 100 less passes than them and it almost cost us. Seem like after being caught out against Wigan our back line doesn''t want to push up as much and that puts us on the back foot at times.

I thought Bennett''s shot where he cut in from the wing was a perfect example of why its a great formation for us.