Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Saha

Looks like Louis Saha is going to need a new club soon.

What about us. We could certainly do with a proven striking option.

Too much $$$$, too petulant.

Your thoughts!!!!

[quote user="Oz Canary"] Too much $$$$, too petulant.[/quote]

Too injured. Which is a shame because on his day there are few better strikers in the league.

Very interesting. He has every right to protest. He is the only natural striker at the club, other than the loanees but he isn''t even getting into the squad. Would be the marquee signing but would''ve thought that if he is available then QPR would be in there with their pit of money.

Have to disagree that he has every right to protest - the reason he hasn''t been selected is because he has either been injured or not performing - with my other half being an Evertonian, I have a pretty good idea what''s going on there.

If he bucked his ideas up, he would be selected......

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"]Very interesting. He has every right to protest. He is the only natural striker at the club, other than the loanees but he isn''t even getting into the squad. Would be the marquee signing but would''ve thought that if he is available then QPR would be in there with their pit of money.[/quote]"He has every right to protest""Why? Saha has come back from Injury and thinks he is ready, Moyes doesn''t think that he is ready. Saha subsequently refused to play in a reserve game. To the contrary, Moyes has every right to outcast him. How would you like it is Simeon Jackson and Simon Lappin started refusing to play in reserve games?"He is the only natural striker at the club"What positions are Magaye Gueye, Victor Anichebe, and Apostolos Vellios supposed to play then if they aren''t natural strikers? And why would a season long loanee not count? Does that mean that Russell Martin can skip reserve teams and conduct himself like an idiot on Twitter because Naughton is taking his place?"but he isn''t even getting into the squad"He made substitute appearances on 20th August and 24th August. He refused to play a reserve game against Aston Villa and as a result has been left out of the Wigan and West Brom games. Everton won both of those games. Lambert would have done the same if any Norwich player should that sort of attitude. No player is bigger than the club, I''m glad that we don''t have players like that at the club, and as per the OP..... no, I don''t want an overpaid sulky Frenchman who thinks that he should be guarenteed a place in every squad without working for it or proving his fitness. The bloke is hardly Lionel Messi anyway, he has scored 28 league goals in 3 seasons, 9 goals per year. Not bad, but he''s 33 now and only scored 7 last year, your talking about him like he''s world class!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Oz Canary"] Too much $$$$, too petulant.[/quote]

Too injured. Which is a shame because on his day there are few better strikers in the league.

[/quote]Alex Ferguson once said if Saha could have got 100% fit he could have been the best player in the world...

I don''t think this is a big deal to be honest.

I think everyone would rather have a player who gets bitchy when they''re left out of the team than one who doesn''t care enough to get upset.

LeJuge he was only stating his opinion, but your being a bit critical there. I''d understand if he had slated our own player or said something completely wrong but it''s supposed to be a discussion board, not a criticise board. I think Saha is quality on his day and how does he sulk around?

[quote user="Mrs Tierney"]LeJuge he was only stating his opinion, but your being a bit critical there. I''d understand if he had slated our own player or said something completely wrong but it''s supposed to be a discussion board, not a criticise board. I think Saha is quality on his day and how does he sulk around?[/quote]I was only stating mine :-)I think my point in simple terms is that if a player refuses to play a reserve game and gets dropped as a result, then you back your manager over your player. Moyes is a great manager who hasn''t achieved what he has by letting players dictate how their jobs should be done.If any Norwich player refused to play a reserve game because he felt it was beneath him, and Lambert dropped that player, I would fully support Lambert. If that player then brought the incident to the public eye instead of keeping it in house, then that would make Lambert even more furious. I would personally want any Norwich player to respond to an incident such as that by acknowledging that Lambert is the boss, apologise, and then work hard to regain my place. There are plenty of good players waiting for a chance this year at Carrow Road, perhaps the one who deserves it most is Simeon Jackson. But he is getting on with it, and waiting for his chance.No player is bigger than the club, Moyes is Everton through and through and will do what he thinks is best for the club. Look at the Everton league positions since Moyes took over (latest season first):7th8th5th5th6th11th4th17th7thBefore he took over they had finished in the top 10 for one season out of eleven. The bloke is a top manager, Saha may be a good player but he is no manager. I''m not sure what Saha was trying to achieve by taking things outside of the dressing room, but it undermines Moyes, Saha should have got on with his job. He made 2 appearances in the first 3 games off of the bench, before he refused to play in the reserves. If he isn''t willing to play reserve team football to win his place back then he doesn''t deserve his place, pretty simple stuff.Yobo and Yakubu have been playing in the Everton reserves this year, it isn''t beneath them, they play the games to keep fit and try and force a chance in the first team. I don''t think any players should be refusing to play reserve games, perhaps the only situation where I would understand it is if the game was towards the end of the season and an injury in the game could put a World Cup or another major International tournament in jeopardy.