Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Threads about people moaning...

There seem to be more threads about people moaning, than there are people moaning.

I think anyone who has really thought about last night knows, despite Lambert''s comments, we didn''t really want to win the game. The players definatly did worse than you would even expect when we didn''t want to win the game, but oh well.

They were probably a number of factors that led to the poor performance, which probably kick started by the notion of not wanting to win to focus on the league. We didn''t want players to get injured, there were probably one or two who just didn''t seem fit enough, whose performances dropped because of that, and then brought down the rest of the players around them. And then MK Dons playing well probably just made it even harder for the players to bother trying.

Basically we can all moan about the effort last night, all moan about people moaning etc etc. But what we all need to remember, is League Cup doesn''t matter this season, if/when we stay up maybe next season we will try a bit harder. But staying up is much more important, and i don''t think anything positive or negative can really be taken from last night, and should just be forgotten.

You make some interesting, valid points but the one factor I just can''t seem to shake is the complete lack of effort, it seems we went backwards about 3 years last night which was a real pity, Lambert was obviously fuming, I think he isn''t overly bothered about staying in the carling cup but he is justifiably annoyed at the lack of effort displayed last night. He appears to build his teams around hunger and desire which was in very limited supply last night. I think Colney will be a very uncomfortable place to be today and rightly so. Oh well disappointment aside, roll on Saturday and how the team responds is vital and maybe, just maybe this is the the wake up call that drives us on to victory against one of the better sides in the country.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Is this a thread about the people moaning about the people moaning? [8-)][/quote]

No but I''m going to start a thread about people moaning about people moaning about people moaning....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]. I think anyone who has really thought about last night knows, despite Lambert''s comments, we didn''t really want to win the game. .[/quote]

If we didn''t want to win the game and were just going to treat it like a training session why didn''t they let fans in for free then?

Last night was the only chance some people may get to watch them this season so shouldn''t thet at least have made an effort ?