Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

The players that got us there...

I think each of the players that got us there, should get a crack at the PL...they deserve it! But there are going to be some in the 15 players that featured the most, who are just too light for the PL. For me:

McNamee, Lappin, Wilbraham,...

What do you reckon? Who wouldn''t you give a go (of the 15...cause some just aren''t in the frame ..Gill, Hughes, etc...)

It is very much like the team that got us up to the championship. Many of those players had a small part this season as we bought wisely to increase our selection of possible starters.

Again over the summer we will bring in 5 or so players in all to add to our first 11 and more importantly add to our first team matchday squad so our bench is strong and hence the 25 players in our squad for the prem is strong enough to carry injuries.

I think Simeon Jackson will be a bit part player, possibly Fox, even Wes at times may have some limited time. I know that is controversial, but some games he will be ruffled up or completely unable to get a hold of the game. Simeon will be fighting with the new strikers who come in to partner Grant Holt. Fox will again be fighting with the new holding midfielders we will pick up. I have to say Fox impressed me in the latter stages of the season with his delivery and range of passing. But I do wonder if he will get brushed off the ball a bit more. He certainly needs to muscle up and get an engine like Crofts.

Lappin will be an important player, we will get injuries if they are too tierney and drury then left back is always a position that needs cover, Surman has little niggles.

Wilby will have a role maybe on the edge of the 25 man squad, for cover for Holt and possibly any striker who comes in who is a similar build to Holt.

McNamee, who knows if only he took players on, think we have just seen the two boys from Swansea make it very clear that they are better wingers than McNamee

Think we all know there will be some players shift on, many who have not played a part this season. But who can have on their cv''s back to back promotions and some loan experience.

Just started to watch the beginning of last seasons dvd with cureton, theo and I believe Whaley in the team. Just shows that in 18 months the amount of players hiked out of the club and the ethos remaining the same. Hence I cannot see a problem here this season as we have built a completely different team this year.

This is like th 2oth post asking the same question, couldn''t you have just added your thoughts to one of those threads?To answer it again:Yes some should get a crack at it.No most of them are not good enough, we need to get in half a dozen and pray.The ones to release should be ovious to all but the terminally stupid.[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

I think each of the players that got us there, should get a crack at the PL...they deserve it! But there are going to be some in the 15 players that featured the most, who are just too light for the PL. For me:

What do you reckon? Who wouldn''t you give a go (of the 15...cause some just aren''t in the frame ..Gill, Hughes, etc...)

[/quote]

[quote user="kellybrook"]This is like th 2oth post asking the same question, couldn''t you have just added your thoughts to one of those threads?

To answer it again:

Yes some should get a crack at it.
No most of them are not good enough, we need to get in half a dozen and pray.
The ones to release should be ovious to all but the terminally stupid.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[/quote][/quote]Mea culpa, Mea culpa, mea maxima a culpa