Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Best and Worst Scenarios

I have been worrying thinking about what might be. Futile, I know and I''ve decided to put my thoughts down in a post to see what you all think. Below is what I think are realistic worst case and best case scenarios (i know this is odd coz best case would clearly be to win all games and worst would be to lose em all but work with me on this!)

This is done as worst case on the left and best on the right

Sunderland A LOSE LOSE

West Bromwich Albion H DRAW WIN

Ipswich Town H WIN WIN

Cardiff City A LOSE LOSE

Gillingham H WIN WIN

Crystal Palace A LOSE DRAW

Stoke City H WIN WIN

Burnley A LOSE WIN

Wigan Athletic H WIN WIN

Reading A LOSE LOSE

Walsall H WIN WIN

Watford A LOSE DRAW

Preston North End H WIN WIN

Crewe Alexandra A DRAW WIN

W/L/D WORST = 6/2/6 BEST = 9/2/3

TOTAL POINTS WORST = 20 BEST = 29

LEAGUE TOTAL WORST = 83 BEST = 92

Opinions are welcomed!!!

will 84 be enough?

Can you see Wigan getting 30 points (10 WINS) from their remaining 14 to beat us on 84 points? actually when i put it like that, no i can''t! Get in!
Up the yellows

Anyone know a good footie pub in the arsenal area to watch sunderland game on sat?

I reckon 84 will see us promoted. Unless someone puts a run together like Palace has, then we might be in the sh*t. All runs come to an end though, as shown by Palace on saturday. I can see us wobbling in the next few games, but finishing strong. I''ll be happy with second place, and delighted with the binners outside the top six. on goal difference.

there''s a good pub near highbury where the footy''s normally on. come out of arsenal tube station, turn left and walk to the end of the road. Turn right on the main road, and it''s just over the road. Not sure of the name, but they have sky and beer.

if we get around 83 points then i think we would have to settle for 2nd place behind wba. but if your up, your up! does it really matter if we are the champions or not?

Marvellous though this may all look, i can''t agree with the worst case scenario predictions. Yes, worst worst case is losing them all but that ''aint gonna happen so fair play for making an attempt but surely worst case, even for a team top of the league, would mean a loss to WBA Ipswich Wigan and probably Crewe away given our record there!

That lops 9 points off your "worst case" prediction, leaving us with 74. That wouldn''t even have got us into the play-offs in 2002!! (It was 75 we had then wasn''t it?)

BUT, i''m not predicting worst case as i''ve defined it. I think we''ll finish on about 86, which is pretty close to worst case in your book but i think it''ll be enough for 2nd so that''s fine for me, worst case or not!!!