Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Next season - Everton or Blackpool

Ok, so the title makes this seem all off topic. But its not [y]

During Blackpools season in the prem they went on a very good run early on and looked like they were going to stay in the prem, and eventually didn''t. Whether this was due to Charlie Adam being distracted during the January transfer window and not playing as well in Jan/Feb/March or another reason im not sure. They beat Wigan, Newcastle and Liverpool very early on but then started to fall back during the end of the season and just couldn''t keep it going long enough to stay in the prem for a 2nd season.

Or would you rather do what Everton seem to do every season. They start very poor beat by Blackburn, Villa & Newcastle and drawing with Man Utd and Wolves. But then finish well beating both Chelsea and Man City (from behind). I understand that we haven''t got the same quality as Everton and can''t expect to finish in the top half.

Assuming that both ways we were going to stay up I think i''d prefer to do what Blackpool did, start well and finish poor as come January we should be able to attract a few more players to help push on, which Blackpool didn''t!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

During Blackpools season in the prem they went on a very good run early on and looked like they were going to stay in the prem, and eventually didn''t. Whether this was due to Charlie Adam being distracted during the January transfer window and not playing as well in Jan/Feb/March or another reason im not sure. They beat Wigan, Newcastle and Liverpool very early on but then started to fall back during the end of the season and just couldn''t keep it going long enough to stay in the prem for a 2nd season.

Or would you rather do what Everton seem to do every season. They start very poor beat by Blackburn, Villa & Newcastle and drawing with Man Utd and Wolves. But then finish well beating both Chelsea and Man City (from behind). I understand that we haven''t got the same quality as Everton and can''t expect to finish in the top half.

Assuming that both ways we were going to stay up I think i''d prefer to do what Blackpool did, start well and finish poor as come January we should be able to attract a few more players to help push on, which Blackpool didn''t!!

[/quote]

Personally I''d rather have points on the board early.  You never know what injuries etc you''d get and had Blackpool have had a slow start they may well have been down weeks ago

Having said that - if we DO get points on the board early on what are the odds of some posters claiming we''re heading into the Champions League and then calling the season a failure if/when we dont?  Remember theres no Emergency Loans in the Prem after the transfer window shuts (except very rare circumstances such as 3 keepers injured).  No last minute push over the line.  So all in all I''d be happy to get 40-odd points before Christmas, even if we got none after that

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Personally I''d rather have points on the board early.  You never know what injuries etc you''d get and had Blackpool have had a slow start they may well have been down weeks ago

Having said that - if we DO get points on the board early on what are the odds of some posters claiming we''re heading into the Champions League and then calling the season a failure if/when we dont?  Remember theres no Emergency Loans in the Prem after the transfer window shuts (except very rare circumstances such as 3 keepers injured).  No last minute push over the line.  So all in all I''d be happy to get 40-odd points before Christmas, even if we got none after that

[/quote]

40 before xmas, thats like averaging about 2 a game up until boxing day! [:O]

Might I suggest it''s not always necessary to hit to quote button

I''m sure most are capable of wortking out which post you are replying to -especially when it''s the one above

It makes it much easier to read - and doesn''t add unnecessary pages

It''s always the the teams that finish the season poorly that get relegated.  Birmingham and Blackpool this year!

Probably good for us too as under Lambert we seem to have started adequately and finished the seasons very strongly.

Fair enough City1st, appreciate on Norfolk Broadband it takes an age loading up the pages [:D]

Nana - I was only using the 40 points by Christmas as an example of wanting points on the board sooner than later.  That sort of return would probably see us top of the league and then a whole load of Smith Out protests on this board once we were obviously not going to qualify for the Champions League.