Sign in to follow this  
CanaryIsland

The teams that don't go up and the ones that drop down to the Championship- poach their best players?

Mainly talking about the play-off hopefuls but I was wondering if people agreed we should try and get some of the best Championship players, provided they are not too expensive.

Williams, Sinclair, Long and if Wolves drop down players such as Jarvis would be of particular interest, however they may have unrealistically high price tags, while I think we should be ambitious, players like Boruc, Hargreaves, Sigurdsson etc who are probably players that would take us to the next level also have too high wages, provided they would come at all.

I believe Lambert will pick out some gems and we should wait and see but I would like to see us getting some top Championship talent as much as anything, with one or two very ambitious signings, probably about 7 players are needed.

I agree those first players you mentioned are great players and will want to play in the Prem next season, if they don''t make it through the play-offs. But they are also the best players for their respective teams, and therefore high price tags will be found on them!

Nathan Dyer was outstanding for Swansea tonight and despite Sinclair mainly being in the limelight due to all his goals, it was Dyer who was voted as the fans player of the season - I would love to see him here, however as was said in the previous post - these top players at their respective clubs will come with hefty price tags and with Nathan Dyer in particualar, unfortunatley I think Swansea will win the play offs

Will be harder to get the relegated players as the clubs will still have parachute payments, probably the reason why Shane Long is still a Reading player.

The better deal for us will be unsuccessful play-off teams, maybe the over spending Cardiff will need to balance the books, Peter Whittingham anyone?

No I dont agree.  Why would we try and sign players who just missed out and are desperate to play in the prem, or to go for players just relegated and desperate to jump ship.That was sarcasm by the way, of course we will try and poach them!