Sign in to follow this  
grinner

sack worthy

wow it has been a while, various stuff means I haven''t been able to post for a while, but I''ve been watching discussions.

I''m moved to write here though, to be honest the kind of reply is sort of what I''ve come to expect.  The idea of sacking worthy is stupid, bad time, unfair on worthington after what he''s done, deserve a real chance. 

But the discussion reverts back to the old adage that worthy can''t do wrong.  At the moment he has my full support, but questions need asked.

1: WHy have we played all season with a complete lack of height at the back.

2: Why have we always looked panicy at set pieces and caused no threat from our own set pieces.

3: Why is the passing game so badly off.

4: How many signings have worked?

5: Why do we always look better in the second half than the first.

I applaud worthy''s results so far, 17th would be amazing, but there are big flaws in his management style.  Which isn''t to say any manager is perfect, but the jury''s very much out on whether worthy has enough to take us on.  I hope I''m wrong and he keeps up this season(which is all we can ask), but I''m as yet unconviced he will.

If that makes me a bad canary for thinking that then I''ll live with that because I know in my heart I love the club as much as the next person.

Ok - height at the back? Erm, Doherty? Although I agree, but I think pace and composure are attributes we need in this league.

Set pieces defensively, see above - COMPOSURE!! We need it.

I haven''t really seen our "passing" game for many years. Even when we are playing well, it''s still a very direct style of play and is hardly Norwich 1986-1993, or Arsenal/Chelsea.

Charlton, Doherty are successes. Jonson is trying hard and is heading in the right direction. Bentley wasted too much posession. Helveg and Safri would be succesful if they were allowed to play.

As for all the rest, I totally agree. His future isn''t up for discussion, but his tactics, coaching and selection should be.