Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Player Ratings

Dreadful result, can''t believe we drew to some team Donny found down the park!Anyways:Ruddy - 7 not much to do, solid otherwise..R.Martin - 6 Ok game for him.Whitbread - 7 One of our more solid performers, seemed to win everything.Ward - 4 Awful performance really can''t see why he started ahead of the new guy Rob.Drury - 6 Same as Martin.Crofts - 7 Didn''t seem to do much wrong tonight, seemed quite strong, won headers, decent distribution.Lansbury - 6 When I did see him he did seemed ok but I was getting him mixed up with Fox :LFox - 6 Same as Lansbury.Hoolahan - 7 Again one of our better performers, seemed our only creative spark.Wilbraham - 4.5 Can''t score to save his life I swear! Although one header didn''t go close.  Seriously not up to the champ standard, wins barely any headers and doesn''t offer much of a goal threat.Holt - 7 Scored and won a fair few headers. Passing was good and was much more of a theat on goal than his partner.Subs:Surman - Didn''t get that involved but then again he wasn''t on for that long, good passing though.K.Smith - Did well when he came on, looked hungry for action.Jackson - Not enough timeSub decisions - 5 Why take of Hools for Jackson??? strangeCrowd - 5 Quiet but then again nothing to cheer for.Overall team performance - 4 Lackluster performance

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Dreadful result, can''t believe we drew to some team Donny found down the park!Anyways:Ruddy - 7 not much to do, solid otherwise..R.Martin - 6 Ok game for him.Whitbread - 7 One of our more solid performers, seemed to win everything.Ward - 4 Awful performance really can''t see why he started ahead of the new guy Rob.Drury - 6 Same as Martin.Crofts - 7 Didn''t seem to do much wrong tonight, seemed quite strong, won headers, decent distribution.Lansbury - 6 When I did see him he did seemed ok but I was getting him mixed up with Fox :LFox - 6 Same as Lansbury.Hoolahan - 7 Again one of our better performers, seemed our only creative spark.Wilbraham - 4.5 Can''t score to save his life I swear! Although one header didn''t go close.  Seriously not up to the champ standard, wins barely any headers and doesn''t offer much of a goal threat.Holt - 7 Scored and won a fair few headers. Passing was good and was much more of a theat on goal than his partner.Subs:Surman - Didn''t get that involved but then again he wasn''t on for that long, good passing though.K.Smith - Did well when he came on, looked hungry for action.Jackson - Not enough timeSub decisions - 5 Why take of Hools for Jackson??? strangeCrowd - 5 Quiet but then again nothing to cheer for.Overall team performance - 4 Lackluster performance[/quote]Think you are being very charitable giving Drury and Martin a 6, both dreadful imo and deserving of a 4. Wilbraham for his general play I''d give a 7 but for his sharpness in the box he was only worth a 3.

Wow you have no idea!

Ruddy - 6. Nothing to do.

R Martin - 5.5. One of his poorer games, seemed a bag of nerves.

Ward - 7. One of the few City players who weren''t too bad. Stronger performance than last two games but that comes down to opposition.

Whitbread - 7. Won a lot in the air and sured up the line well.

Drury - 4. A night to forget for Ads. Forgetting a mind-boggling own goal he never attempted to do anything other than look for Hoolahan when he actually got forward and generally was quite poor defensively.

Lansbury -5. Flashes of brilliance but fades in and out of the game too much. Needs to help out Drury at times and not expect him to do everything  down the left flank.

Fox - 6. Prefers playing the safe option to the defence rather than push the ball forward.

Crofts - 7. MOM. Broke up a lot of Donny''s play but missed a sitter in the second half.

Hoolahan - 7. We relied on him way too much tonight.

Holt - 7. Got about the pitch and scored a well-taken goal but missed a number of guilt-edged chances.

Wilbraham - 7. Can''t knock his build-up play, commitment and strength but should have really scored. Knocke down the ball well for others to get on to.

Thought Adam Drury had a very poor game and infact the OG probably summed up his performance. Still a long way off recapturing his form from the first half of the season.

Other than that I thought Whitbread did very well at the back and Wilbraham, despite not looking very likely to score, is looking a lot sharper, he won a lot in the air and others probably didn''t work well enough off of him.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Fox - 6. Prefers playing the safe option to the defence rather than push the ball forward.

[/quote]

Yet, ironically, he probably played the best forward pass of the game with a terrific reverse ball into the channel.

Ruddy 7 - shanked one kick early on, but otherwise very solid, some excellent claims and was often right on the edge of his box anticipating dangerR Martin 5 - uncharacteristically poor tonight, got pressured into mistakes, clearances charged down, gave the ball away a few timesWard 5 - some good headers and tackles, but wayward passing, mistimed leaps and general sluggishness make him a concern at the momentWhitbread 8 - MoM for me, immense presence, distribution generally excellent. Needs a more solid partner, Barnett is a massive lossDrury 6 - got forward well in the first half, decent enough performanceFox 6 - always willing to show for passes, no real end product but tried hard to be the fulcrum on which we could build attacksCrofts 6 - energetic as ever, some decent touches, but it never really clicked through midfield tonightLansbury 5 - aside from one delightful reverse through ball, just didn''t happen for him tonight - no shortage of effort, thoughHoolahan 6 - didn''t make quite as much impact as usual, although not for want of trying - was very quickly closed down all nightHolt 7 - battled as hard as ever, and some excellent link-up play at timesWilbraham 7 - linked up very well with Holt, held the ball up really well - he''s a lower-league Heskey though. Works his arse off, links up nicely, but never looks like he''s going to score. He should be brought on when we need a late goal rather than starting, the formation isn''t suited to two big men up topSubs:Surman - did his best to get involved, clearly a technically gifted player, deserves a start. Might be good at the tip of the diamond with Wes just off Holty, unless we can get a new striker in?Smith - bust a gut for 10 minutes, must be frustrated with his lack of game timeJackson - did he touch the ball?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]

Yet, ironically, he probably played the best forward pass of the game with a terrific reverse ball into the channel.

[/quote]Was that the one in the first half that put Wes clear on the left byline? I thought that was Lansbury. Difficult to tell them apart since Fox shaved his head!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Was that the one in the first half that put Wes clear on the left byline? I thought that was Lansbury. Difficult to tell them apart since Fox shaved his head!
[/quote]

It was indeed Fox.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Was that the one in the first half that put Wes clear on the left byline? I thought that was Lansbury. Difficult to tell them apart since Fox shaved his head![/quote]

It was indeed Fox.

[/quote]D''you reckon Lansbury would be up for wearing a wig so it''s easier to tell them apart? I bet he would.

How can anyone get above a 6?  Shocking performance last night.  Those who qualify for a 6 IMO are Whitbread, who would have received a 7 had it not been for some woeful distribution and Holt, who never gave up, epitomised when, in the 2nd half, with our defence pushing up for the offisde (which we got) tracked back to the right back position just in case, when Martin and Korey had stopped.

Everyone else 5 at best.

Oh and a 3 for Wilbraham.