Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

A TRIBUTE TO GRANT HOLT

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/massive-attack-a-loving-tribute-to-fat-strikers/

lol.

And in all seriousness, isn''t it about time we built a statue of Grant Holt, Paul Lambert and McNally, portrayed as the holy trinity?

I just read that, what is this myth of Grant Holt that he''s fat. He certainly aint fat, if he was he wouldn''t be scoring goals in the championship and doing as much running as he does. In this day and age you couldn''t play as much and aswell as grant holt if u were fat ! Its a myth !!!

Flecky always had to put with that jibe from oppo supporters. Not a bad comparison!

Holt is perceptively quick. Must be to do with his running style. He also has fantastic upper body strength. Top bloke

I flippin'' love Grant Holt

[quote user="Gingerpele"]lol. And in all seriousness, isn''t it about time we built a statue of Grant Holt, Paul Lambert and McNally, portrayed as the holy trinity?[/quote]

Were you actually being serious or just joking?  As much as I love them all and can''t thank them enough for what they have done to our club and I am sure that one season we will get promoted with them but, all they have done so far is won League 1 and got us into the play offs with 12 games remaining which doesn''t warrant a statue.

In all seriousness, do we need a statue for Geoffrey Watling?

Grant Holt, fat? Eh?! It does make you wonder how slim those rival fans are that come out with that sh1te - They must surely be bordering on anorexic. I''m sure Holty will take those little digs from rival fans as a compliment, it''s great they''re all envious of the figurehead of our team - Shows how much he''s doing right.

Ah, come on guys. It''s surely glandular!! Ha ha.Seriously though. There is no way Holt is fat. I think Lambert once said,"He''s a heavy set lad, has to watch what he eats!"So that may be an indication. Look at old Deano Ashton now he''s not playing. He''s got pretty big! But he was the best centre forward I''d seen at Norwich in a while.So, I think Holt has all the right attributes for his playing style and we''ve got the added bonus that he''s flippin awesome!

Sorry Boyo i was joking :P

A Geoffrey Watling statue is probably more justifiable.

Is there actually a good enough space for one? If you have seen the one at Old Trafford (I have completely forgotten who it is of, Sir Bobby Charlton isn''t it? Or do they have more than one?) Its surrounded in space, we don''t have that space around the ground, so it may not work very well.

Having said all of that, I still think the original article was particularly hilarious.That''s a good website.

Well, having seen Stephen Hughes, Adam Drury & Grant Holt at Riverside Swimming pool over the last two years I can state that the first two are skinny bordering on the slight, but Holt was built like the proverbial outhouse and fit as a buthcher''s dog.

He looks like he has a seriously strong, lean physique, and it is indeed odd that he looks overweight dressed in anything other than speedos.

Make of that what you will, but fat the man certainly aint

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry Boyo i was joking :P A Geoffrey Watling statue is probably more justifiable. Is there actually a good enough space for one? If you have seen the one at Old Trafford (I have completely forgotten who it is of, Sir Bobby Charlton isn''t it? Or do they have more than one?) Its surrounded in space, we don''t have that space around the ground, so it may not work very well.[/quote]

Ah okay, fair enough [:P]

I''m sure we could put on outside the Jarrold.  There isn''t loads of space between the Jarrold and the car park but there is enough for a statue.  There is probably enough room behind the Geoffrey Watling stand itself if you put it right up against the wall across the otherside of the ground but that would be a bit stupid considering we want to rebuild it one day.

Others statues do have lots of space around them, yes.  Isn''t the one at Old Trafford Matt Busby?  I can''t really remember as I went there in the Premiership season and it seems a long time ago!  But Stoke''s one of Stanley Mathews has lots of space around it as does Bill Shankley''s at Liverpool outside the Kop.  But if you look at the Sir Bobby Robson one outside Portaloo Road it has literally no space around it.

Yeah after i wrote Bobby Charlton, i thought it was probably Matt Busby.... Surely they will have to get a Fergie one when he finally decides to leave? In my Eyes best manager ever.

But yeah, behind the Geoffrey Watling stand would make sense. But if it does get rebuilt, that would be an issue. And your right about the space behind the Jarrold, i probably should have thought of that, since i sit in the Jarrold :P