Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Lay-off Nugent!

Why on earth is everybody on here having a go about Nugent''s behaviour on Saturday?  I admit i was giving him plenty of abuse for what he was doing at the time, but it was with tongue in cheek though, as i think it''s excellent that there are still footballers who have that bit of character about them! 

I remember years ago, players like Flecky doing the same thing and Holty does it now!  It was harmless banter between player and fans and like i said, i gave him abuse at the time, but walking out of the ground with other fans we all agreed that it was actually a laugh and pleasant to see a player having some banter with the supporters. 

At games nowadays, you can sit there watching players, but feel so out of touch with them that you might as well be watching on the moon!  It was good to see him acknowledge us!  And at the end of the day as soon as he switched to the right hand side he tore us to shreds!  That was the old Nugent from his Preston days on Saturday!

So no pathetic posts about ''reporting him'' please...........what is the point!?  I embrace players who can have banter with the fans, it''s what football is all about!  Bring fun back into it!  It''s like how much Stephen Ireland got ridiculed for showing his pants to away fans!  It''s just a laugh, get over it!

Not so sure on throwing the ball at the referr though :-/

I remember players doing stuff which was humerous and winding fans up years and years ago when i was very little and i remember laughing and couldn''t wait to get home and tell my family about the game and them sort of things would always be the main thing i would talk about to them!  lol!

Football needs more characters!  I embrace what Nugent did Saturday!