Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Disappointing

That is the only word to describe how I was feeling yesterday as I was rammed on a train to Charing X.  I wasn''t particularly annoyed.  I wasn''t particularly p***ed off.  Just disappointed.

Yet again we were nowhere in the first half and way payed the penalty for it.  Deserveldly 2-0 down at half time, the game was effectively over.  Hriedesson I have to say was superb all day. Charlton played him as a left back to defend, a left midfielder when coming forward, and huge great striker in attack!  Jonson, Bentley and Eddy on the right just couldn''t keep a hold of him.

We were good in the second half, without being clinical enough.  For the first 30 mins of the second half we played Chalton off the park.  Attacking well and our passing was good.  I think a lot of this had to do with Bentley coming on.  He had the best half I''ve seen him play in a yellow shirt.  However, a quick message to him: PLEASE Bents- Pass more!!  He''s always looking to jink it past 3 players when he has a saimple pass on.

It was dissapointing that Greeno went off.  Dissapointing that we weren''t clinical enough.  Dissapointing that we just couldn''t handle JJ''s height in the box and even more dissapointing that we didn''t sign him!

• Greeno 7 Didn''t do a lot wrong... Cept get injured!
  • Drury 7 Looked back to his best
  • Eddy 6 Had a torrid time with Hriedesson and Thomas baring down on him all aft
  • Charlton 6 Had a poorer game.  Some passing was off
  • Flem 6 The usual
  • Jonson 5 Poor.  Stick with him though
  • Hucks 6 Never really got in the game.  Not sure if he''s in the right position
  • Holt 5 Poor
  • Franny 6 Quiet
  • Leon 5 Just not clinical enough
  • Sven 6 Not too bad
  • Ward 6 Couldn''t really tell as he was at the other end but looked a bit flappy
  • Mullers 7 Not bad, but I''d rather see Safri
  • Bents 7 Best game I''ve seen him play

The most worrying part of the day has to be though.... MULLERS HAIR!!  Get a hair cut man!  You  look a right tart!

Thoughts?

what nigel needs to do is spend a bit of money on getting some decent backroom staff ,somebody with a bit of tactical knowledge ,i wouldnt mind losing if we at least gave ourselves a half a chance to start with .whydo we keep picking the same team when the performance from certain players is the same week in week out? i am afraid to say that we have only 5 players who can cut it in this league just  .!!!!!

I think thats how we all feel DumbleDelia, disappointed. After going up as champions, the civic reception at City Hall etc. now this!

Quote : Hucks 6 Never really got in the game. Not sure if he''s in the right position

Yep, agree with you there.

"Jonson 5 Poor. Stick with him though "

Stick with him though !? Why ? How many games does he need?

"Hucks 6 Never really got in the game? Not sure if he''s in the right position?" I thought he played ok but he must despair at his colleagues. Its defintely his best position but leaves Drury much exposed. I say switch him to the right and bring back brennan.

"Holt 5 Poor." I find this tirade of criticism directed his way unmerited. Let''s give Mulryne a run in the team though. At least that''ll shut up a few of those at the Valley when they see the drop in workrate. I also find the suggestion of favouritism on Worth''s part offensive.

"Sven 6 Not too bad ."

Disagree on that one. That was the worst he''s played since he came back in but his performances in the last 3 games should keep him in situ.

"Bents 7 Best game I''ve seen him play" p.s. we lost the second half 2-0 too. More of the same selfishness and inability to hit a cow''s a*sr with a banjo.

The only bit I disagree with you on DDiM is the assumption that we were any better inthe second half.

Our defensive shape got worse while our strikers seemed to forget that the offside law still exists.  The only reason it looked slightly better was that Charlton sat back safe in the knowledge that we could score in the proverbial - 4 chances all game?  And the attack was the best part of the team yesterday!

Whatever the situation is changes have to be made and quickly - Hux back up front, Bentley to start, Shackell and Helveg in at the back for Flem and Eddy and to be honest I dont really care who plays alongside Francis - none of the options have a full package and holt does give us the same game in game out - Mullers continually disappears to frequently and the team cant afford to have a player who collects yellow cards at the same rate as first team starts.

OTBC

[quote]what nigel needs to do is spend a bit of money on getting some decent backroom staff ,somebody with a bit of tactical knowledge ,i wouldnt mind losing if we at least gave ourselves a half a chance to ...[/quote]

you and me are singing from the same songsheet mate

we already have a great coach at colney, his name is dave williams and he can teach our side to

PASS THE BALL TO EACH OTHER, AND FORGET THE OBSESSION WITH TARGET MEN

sadly, he is only coaching the kids at the moment, it is madness to keep going on about buying players, we need to teach the ones we have how to play properly, doesn''t cost any money at all, just time and commitment, ie more than 3 hours work a day!!