Sign in to follow this  
Dom

DAMIEN FRANCIS

Francis was superb and his performances will soon (if not already) be attracting the attentions of some clubs at the top of the Premiership and in Europe.  Must put in a word for Phil Mulryne here who combined so well with Damien. Our midfield now has four players who are all capable of scoring goals and at last includes someone who can be dangerous with free kicks just outside the box.

Agreed, Francis is great, and every so often pushing 4 up front with attacking midfielders has got to work in our favour! Come on you Yellows!

[quote]He got player of the weekend from skysports.... http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=239161&CPID=&clid=&channel=Football_Home_Page[/quote]

Dom: Whilst I won''t argue that his award wasn''t fully deserved, there is one great concern I have over Mr Francis.

The media, TV pundits etc, have all started taking notice of him. How much longer before the bloody managers of ''big clubs'' sit up and take notice, if they haven''t already?.

That''s my greatest fear Dom, more so than Greeno I would add.

That the board will be tempted by a large offer, or some club (yes, you know who) will try and ''unsettle'' him, like SAHA was at Fulham!.

We need Damo more then we need a big cheque I would say.

Blimey - agreeing with Wiz on two consecutive posts; Nurse - I think my red underpants are too tight!

Losing Francis would be a disaster. Central midfield is such a key area and while Mullers did OK he still has to convince me that he can produce the goods week in week out. The options if Damo goes are two from Mullers,Safri and Holt and to be honest none of the combinations impress me much. At least we have some goalkeeping options.

OTBC

[quote]Dom: Whilst I won''t argue that his award wasn''t fully deserved, there is one great concern I have over Mr Francis. The media, TV pundits etc, have all started taking notice of him. How much longer be...[/quote]

wiz, what are you getting worried about, surely you can put on a magnetic shield around FCR to ensure he cannot go anywhere?  do you powers not stretch that far? 

damo was superb, it was great to see such an attacking performance - not just from him, but he took the two goals v well and could have had more.  He seemed to inspire the others too, which is why i personally made him motm over the wonderful contribution from leon, who did everything apart from score, his energy and overall attacking play on saturday was superb, i don''t think anyone had a bad game, we just need to work on this, only worrying thing is the balls are still being hoofed out of defence when an option to pass is there, but that is really nit picking, all in all a fantastic improvement on the blackburn game, given similar opposition